MasTec - Great! | Glassdoor

"Great!"

Current Contractor - Clerical and Inventory in Lexington-Fayette, KY
Current Contractor - Clerical and Inventory in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at MasTec as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Growing, progressive minded company with a defined emphasis on employee safety and wellness.

Cons

Need better communication among departments and better training programs.

Advice to Management

Create a better Avenue of job openings in other projects to save money and enhance production by retaining already trained employees who are safety and career minded.

Other Employee Reviews for MasTec

"This company I bias if your Cuban,Dominican ,venazualan then you can become a manager or if the elite crew"

Former Employee - Lead Tech in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Lead Tech in Miami, FL

I worked at MasTec full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Get a check every 2 weeks and if u make it to the protected crew you will do great or if you pay off the right person

Cons

The will fill your head with what you will make that is a fat lie and if your not Spanish don't even waist your time applying there the structure is in place by those theifs to get ahead if your a tech with good experience don't waste your talent there I worked there for seven years and see many changes put in place to not benifit the honest or hard working people when I was quiting I reached out to the owner to contact me witch he never return my email so that tells me that he does not care and a good tech is a dime a dozen well mr mas I remember when you cared and showed up to your company but the money changes the way people care remember never forget where you came from and last. AT&T is going to own directv very soon things will change they will change a lot of things

Advice to Management

Never forget where you came from and all the people and family's you displace for your wealth god is following you what you soe you will reap

"Worst company to work for"

Current Employee - DIRECT TV INSTALLER in Asheville, NC
    Current Employee - DIRECT TV INSTALLER in Asheville, NC

I have been working at MasTec full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They make it sound great when they hire you, and while you are in training. Discount for TV

Cons

You drive all over the place, you will start in one area then have to drive 30 mins-1 hour,(maybe more) to your next job, without pay, everything is piece pay, no hourly pay. Then supervisors complain about not being productive enough, but don't understand when you spend all your time driving between jobs, it's hard to be productive. Supervisors will not work with you. You work 6 days a week, but people are constantly asking for work. No balance for family time. You can take the company van home, but have to pay 40.00 a week to do so. You have 2 meetings a week, that you have to be there for a 6am, then work all day. There is no set time that you get off. The piece pay is very little. They are always hiring, because they can't keep good people.

Advice to Management

My advice, schedule techs around the same area for the day, not 30 mins to an hour away between jobs. You spend more money in gas to send a tech that far between jobs, that might help your bottom line. Also, instead of hiring all the time, maybe you should invest more in good employees, quality over quantity. In addition, I would suggest maybe you go to a conference call type meeting system, where techs can call a number and be in a conference call, so that way people aren't driving over an hour to be at the office for a meeting, hence saving gas money too.