Masco - A hugely ethical company that is interested in the people | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Masco

"A hugely ethical company that is interested in the people"

Pros

Learning and Development opportunities have been way beyond expectation, even in an economic downturn, the focus on continuous improvement will have placed MASCO in an extraordinary position when housing starts begin to climb in both the US and Europe

Cons

can't think of any, this company has been the best I have worked for

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing

Other Employee Reviews for Masco

1. "Very week on implementation & no clear vision"

I worked at Masco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent benefits.
    Fair wages.
    I loved the people I worked directly with. There are a lot of talented people that work hard and truly want to see the company succeed.
    Their inefficiencies are probably not uncommon in large holding companies

Cons

Masco failed many years ago to set a course to win through innovation and change when the economy was starting to go south. Instead it seems that they scaled back, and are waiting for business to come back - and it is not going to. Inaction will be their true failure.

On-boarding process is terrible - no company background, no clarity on how your role fits into the bigger picture.

For me personally there was lots of overtime put in (nights and weekends), a lot of travel, and no policy for comp time.

Unlike other large corporations I have worked for, there is no clear vision, or message for how the company wants to grow and win.

Although many play in the same space, the business units do not communicate with each other, share learning, or partner to create bigger wins - this creates doubling of efforts, waters down brands, and shows weakness to retailers.

You can be at this company for years any not have awareness of what corporate services are available, what businesses Masco owns, or what research & development projects are in the works.

Advice to Management

Create a clear vision for all Masco employees. Force collaboration between businesses to create one pipeline for products and service offerings. Create clear brand differentiation with your many competing brands.

2. "Great"

I have been working at Masco full-time

Pros

great work, learned alot, work independantly

Cons

none at this time to