Mashreq - Senior Administrator | Glassdoor

"Senior Administrator"

I have been working at Mashreq

Pros

They provide security for your job.

Cons

Sometimes need to work in other locations

Mashreq2016-10-14
  1. "Excellent Place to Work"

I worked at Mashreq full-time

Pros

Excellent Work Ethics and Team Building

Cons

Unrealistic pressure and long working hours

Mashreq2018-08-10
  2. "New York Office:"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Mashreq full-time

Pros

1) Great medical benefits 2) Always new challenges

Cons

A few bad apples in senior management control the entire culture; and do so in a very negative way: 1) Little disregard for the personal lives of the employees / no work life balance. Expect a lot of unpaid overtime but hey, what do you expect when you apply for a bank? 2) Lots of bad politics. Seeing people suck up to management is normal and expected. 3) The employees don't have the resources they need to do... their job. You literally can't even use print screen here. 4) NEW HIRES BE AWARE: You will first be under a 6 month review period in which you can be fired any time and will not be able to use your vacation benefits. Its essentially contract to hire but where you don't get paid overtime. 5) This is not a culture for innovation. When making a suggestion to my manager I was literally advised "Never tell senior management they are wrong".

Advice to Management

Learn to set realistic goals for projects. Fund your IT department so your workers can have the tolls they need to do a great job. Fund your HR department instead of shoving excess work through a bottle neck. Screen employees properly instead of relying on the 6 month trial period and being quick to hire and quick to fire.

Mashreq2018-07-20

Discover more reviews about Mashreq.