Masimo - I learned a lot working here. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Masimo

"I learned a lot working here."

Current Intern - Information Technology in Irvine, CA
Current Intern - Information Technology in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Masimo as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

My coworkers were very helpful and nice.

Cons

Work got too stressful at times and being a student, I couldn't handle the workload.

Other Employee Reviews for Masimo

"Great job right after college/grad school."

Current Employee - Associate Algorithm Engineer in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Algorithm Engineer in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Masimo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You learn a lot, coworkers super helpful, management extremely competent and knowledgeable. You learn to work really hard, which is good preparation for life. Donut Thursdays are great. Overall cheerful environment.

Cons

I dislike the suburban location. Had this been in SF, I would have been 100% satisfied.

"Remember the playground in middle school?"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Carlsbad, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at Masimo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company does great things, but since this is a review about the work environment, I cannot think of any pros.

Cons

Engineering runs the show. The engineers are great, but the engineering leadership team is composed of people that will do anything to avoid looking bad. That even means exercising their influence to ensure people are let go. Objectively speaking, there is a certain mob feel to the culture. People down proactively, and there is a lot of fear in the air. The name of the game is to avoid being noticed. If you keep your head down and keep quiet, you'll only have to worry about how stressful the environment is, and how afraid everyone is of the management team.

Advice to Management

Lead instead of bully and intimidate. Don't use patriarchal management practices. Interact with others in a healthy way. Stop so obviously grooming family members for top leadership. It's bizarre that most respectable employees are out of the company in less than 3 years. Red flags all over the place here. Oh, and try not to keep firing your regulatory people when they won't bend the rules.