Maslow Media Group - Smoke & Mirrors | Glassdoor

"Smoke & Mirrors"

I worked at Maslow Media Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are some very passionate people that work on the team at HQ. Pay is for the most part in line with industry averages. Good at publicity and marketing the company.

Cons

Leadership is out of touch with reality most of the time and stuck in the past. Erratic, emotional, knee jerk reactive decision making seems to be the rule, not the exception. In the short time I was there, someone cried in almost every single management or staff meeting. Everyone seems to be overwhelmed and running in the red all the time. The culture is combative and depressing with everyone just trying to avoid being at the receiving end of the uber controlling, micro-manager CEO's tirade at any given moment.
The company overall is smoke and mirrors and made to appear like they have things more together than it does. Operationally things are extremely inefficient and chaotic.

Advice to Management

It's been long overdue for the CEO to take a step back and bring in someone to run the company more effectively and realize it's potential. The biggest thing holding the company back is the owner at this point.

Other Employee Reviews for Maslow Media Group

"Milked for all you worth"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Maslow Media Group as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

They pay on-time. Thats basically it.

Cons

Where to begin. The management team is self centered. Heard so many empty promises while working for them.

Advice to Management

Focus on your employees rather then yourselves. Their hard work is what makes you money.

2. "Good employer"

Former Employee - Microphone Runner in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Microphone Runner in Washington, DC

Pros

They are very organized and make job assignments clear. Payments are also made in a timely manner. Employers are friendly, and the pay is very fair.

Cons

Job assignments were not close to where I live, but they mostly do work in the city. More timely job assignment would also make the process easier.

Advice to Management

I would have liked to be recruited for more job assignments. Other than that I enjoyed my experience with this company.

Maslow Media Group Response

Feb 3, 2017 – Director of HR

Thank you for your feedback! Our focus for 2017 is to increase opportunities in our staffing division, whether it's short term assignments or full-time employment. We have experienced great success ... More