Masonicare - Great place to work!! | Glassdoor

"Great place to work!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wallingford, CT
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wallingford, CT

I have been working at Masonicare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The employees of Masonicare truly care for the residents and patients. I have never seen such a positive work environment. Leaving my previous job in "Corporate America" to come work for Masonicare was one of the best decisions I've ever made.

Cons

Technology is lagging a little but they're working on improving things.

Advice to Management

Thanks for all the little things management does from the ice cream socials all the way up to the employee appreciation event! Keep it up, we appreciate it very much.

Nov 22, 2013 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback. It is always nice to hear from newer employees that they feel they have made the right choice in joining the Masonicare family.

Other Employee Reviews for Masonicare

"Wonderful organization I feel blessed to be a part of!"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Wallingford, CT
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Wallingford, CT

I have been working at Masonicare part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The patients come first at Masonciare, bottom line. As a clinical employee I am proud of the level of care I am able to deliver on a daily basis and proud to work for an organization with such strong community ties as Masonicare. The organization's reputation speaks for itself. You will not find another company with as many long term staff - in many cases 20 years+!

Cons

Their IT department is slow to respond sometimes.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! This is a fantastic organization that I would have no problem putting my own parents in the care of.

Oct 10, 2013 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your review of Masonicare! It is passionate employees like you that make this organization great! In regards to our staff longevity, we are actually hosting our annual Employee ... More

"Staff home care PT job means you'll be working for free--beware!"

Current Employee - Staff Home Care PT in East Lyme, CT
    Current Employee - Staff Home Care PT in East Lyme, CT

I have been working at Masonicare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company philosophy. Top, top management make a good show of reaching out to people in all types of jobs at the company.

Cons

Company philosophy does not trickle down to health care workers on the front lines. As staff PT you will have to meet quota regardless of hours you're actually being paid to work. In a huge driving territory (expect to drive 50-60 min between patients pretty regularly), that means you'll work many hours each week for free between visits, driving and computer paperwork. Look elsewhere if you want to get paid for the time you are actually putting into your job.

Advice to Management

Pay less attention to the bottom line (supposed to be non-profit, right?) and care more about employees. They talk the talk but don't necessarily walk the walk.

Aug 28, 2013 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your review of Masonicare! We appreciate your feedback and for giving us the opportunity to address your concerns. It is important to note that at Masonicare, homecare Physical ... More