MassMutual - Very good to very bad | Glassdoor

"Very good to very bad"

Former Contractor - Financial Services Representative in Stamford, CT
Former Contractor - Financial Services Representative in Stamford, CT

I worked at MassMutual as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Very Good company great products good marketing and education

Cons

manager was promoted, and new manager was not proactive in getting my business pushed through and issued 4 to 5 meetings on the same cases which were good cases

Advice to Management

4 weeks is a long time to get good business issued and paid, I don't blame the company but the agency manager that was assigned to me I cannot speak for others but that was my experience and I was not the first to leave I tried to hang in there, but it was bad

Other Employee Reviews for MassMutual

"Financial Services Representative"

Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at MassMutual full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good leaders, good company name recognition amongst consumers, good trips provided for those with big sales numbers, good balance between work and outside life.

Cons

No salary, MUST know lots of potential buyers going into the business, no leads given, not enough sales training, sales managers aren't particularly accessible to the people they work with (they're often out on their own meetings trying to make sales).

Advice to Management

Give your representatives leads to call, fix things sooner (this agency went without a General Agent for about 3 months), do more sales training, create a less stuffy and "generic corporate" atmosphere.

"Old School and Perception Based Culture"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Enfield, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Enfield, CT

I worked at MassMutual full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are some good people and the cafeteria is decent.

Cons

Time off policy, compensation, environment, culture. There is no work/life balance. Success is defined by the number of days and hours worked, rather that skill and ability. The MMWay office environment does not offer even the slightest amount of privacy, which makes it difficult to have quiet place to focus on your work. Working from home is frowned upon.

Advice to Management

Move from vacation, personal days, and sick time to a PTO bank. The current system is old school and encourages employees to call out "sick". Listen to your employees. Morale is low and management is out of touch. The message from the front line is so sanitized by the time it reaches senior management that it no longer reflects reality.