MassMutual - Great Company - Excellent Leadership Team - Cares About Employees - Fantastic Trajectory | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for MassMutual

"Great Company - Excellent Leadership Team - Cares About Employees - Fantastic Trajectory"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

I have been working at MassMutual full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Smart and caring people, generally friendly and helpful co-workers, good benefits, consistently strong results, strategic and forward-looking leaders, highly ethical and values based, gives to the community. Excellent employee services including on-site credit union, cafeteria, fitness center, employee store, dry-cleaner/shoe repair/barber-beauty salon, etc. Beautifully redone common area. On-site, free parking. Competitive pay. Collaborative culture.

Cons

Springfield location is not the best - no easy way to get there from the highway. Enfield location is right off the highway, though. Implementing lean methodology across company, and while this makes sense in production areas, it's torturous in knowledge-based areas. While lean tools can be helpful, when over-relied on they slow things down rather than make things better. Also, the move to open seating is ridiculous. Noise is distracting and intrusive and there is no privacy. The intent is to foster collaboration, but people just put on headphones so that they can concentrate. Collaborative culture can slow down decision making at times.

Advice to Management

Be more flexible about lean. Re-think the open seating concept. Learn and use the tools, but don't be a slave to the methodology.

Other Employee Reviews for MassMutual

1. "Great for Macro Financial Planning, Doesn't Pigeon-Hole Clients into Investments Only"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Walnut Creek, CA
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at MassMutual full-time (More than a year)

Pros

From the outset, I have been most impressed with the quality of people in this organization. The advisors here truly care about their clients and give advice freely. I've never seen that until I came to MassMutual.

Cons

If you aren't ready to run a business and the risks associated with it, don't join.

Advice to Management

Keep continuing with the mentorship programs. Have more bonding events for new hires.

"Finance Advisor"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Newport, RI
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Newport, RI

I have been working at MassMutual full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No Pros were found. You have to pay to work in this company.

Cons

Too much lies are involved. I was certified for life&health insurance, series 7, and series 66, however, they still want me to only sell an whole life insurance product.