Massachusetts Medical Society - Great place to work | Glassdoor

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Manager, Financial Planning in Waltham, MA
Current Employee - Manager, Financial Planning in Waltham, MA

Pros

The people are great, very supportive management team, good benefits package, excellent variety of work, provides good work/life balance

Cons

I have been very happy working at the Massachusetts Medical Society, so I don't have many downsides. If I had to mention one I guess it would be the location. Commute is tough no matter what direction you are coming from.

Advice to Management

My advice would be to continue leading the organization with well defined and executed strategies and clear objectives that are communicated well to employees

Other Employee Reviews for Massachusetts Medical Society

"Good benefits, family-friendly, but nonprofits don't pay"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Pros

Excellent benefits: health insurance, 401k, mailroom, dry cleaning, backup daycare, workout room, mother's nursing room, very progressive towards flextime and family issues.

Cons

Very conservative attitudes toward raises and/or financial incentives. Sometimes very insular thinking on new ideas, roles for these ideas, strict hierarchy/caste system. Not many promotional options.

Advice to Management

Corinne Broderick is a good leader. We understand there have been financial straits this past two years; but hopefully as the company moves back into profits, workers may again receive raises and bonuses.

2. "A place to make a difference with your career"

Pros

Strong collaborative culture, really trying hard to break silos and work cross functionally. Brilliant people.
    The work here makes a difference in health care and the practice of medicine.
    People tend to stay a long time.

Cons

Still vestiges of "we never done it like that before," which is the potential downside of long tenure.
    Sometimes hard to move up the management ladder because of long-term incumbents