Massage Envy - Fun! Hated Sales! | Glassdoor

"Fun! Hated Sales!"

Former Employee - Front Desk Sales Associate in Garland, TX
Former Employee - Front Desk Sales Associate in Garland, TX

I worked at Massage Envy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked at two Massage Envy's and I honestly loved the type of work and the people at both locations but Management at the Firewheel location was deplorable!

Cons

I hated having to force sales down people's throat you had to basically lie for anyone to purchase a membership from you and if you don't make sales, you're out.

Other Employee Reviews for Massage Envy

1. "unprofessional"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Marina del Rey, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Marina del Rey, CA

I have been working at Massage Envy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a great job if you are in high school or college, because they have flexible hours. With that being said, you can also have another part time job on the side.

Cons

Pay is low. They are franchised owned, therefore some places offer benefits others do not. At the location that i work, the managers are young and unexperienced in management. They don't care much about the employees and they only care about you selling memberships.

Advice to Management

Managers should have some kind of management experience before getting the position.

2. "No matter how desperate you are -do not work here"

Former Contractor - Front Desk Associate in Chicago, IL
    Former Contractor - Front Desk Associate in Chicago, IL

I worked at Massage Envy as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The only pro would be the discounted massages and discounted Murad products. The only other pro is I was fortunate enough to work with 3 front desk girls that were amazing and really saved me from quiting sooner and having a mental breakdown (seriously)

Cons

Let's start with the main cons..
    Your first day is going to consist of being put on a computer for 8 hours and staring at it while everyone else talks around you and pays no attention to training or even acknowledging that your there. The owner will then train you on how to sell and talk to you for about 5 minutes then send you back out to sit at the same computer.
    Management puts you down on a daily basis and screens your phone calls to make sure you are making the place sound like a "5 star spa". You have to sell to people on a daily basis and management screens the people that come in and if they look like they don't have money then they assign you to them which brings down your numbers. This is the most depressing job I have ever had and I honestly would cry on my way home from work sometimes. I was not trained properly which caused me to mess up a few appointments which the owner wrote me up for. I was there for almost 6 months and was told by my owner that I was doing a good job
     The best part?
    I got called on my day off and got FIRED! It was so unprofessional and uncalled for. Do not work here! There is nothing worse than being at a place where they treat you like some kind of freak and scumbag just because you are a little different and have opinions about the stupid rules they have.

Pay: pay was really low considering the fact that you do everything and do the managers work on a daily basis. Commission is horrible compared to how much the company makes off of products memberships gift cards etc.

Advice to Management

I guess my advice to management would be to only hire people who can work like robots and have absolutely no personality.