Massage Envy - Good for experience | Glassdoor

"Good for experience"

Current Employee - LMP
Current Employee - LMP

I have been working at Massage Envy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have had an overall positive experience working with this company. It is relatively easy to get hired, and you work with a lot of clients each day, so it is a good way to build experience right out of school. Monthly review encourages you in what you are doing well in addition to figuring out what you can do better. Pretty easy to get time off and a fairly flexible schedule.

Cons

Very high turnover. Have worked there two years and have been through three changes of management. Many therapists don't stay more than a year. Very little opportunity for advancement and the pay is low. I trained to be a Spa Specialist, and have no opportunity to use those skills. Despite having 24 hours of training in hot stone massage, I cannot do hot stone there unless I take their 16 hour course.

Other Employee Reviews for Massage Envy

"Wouldn't recommend for a long term position..."

Former Employee - Wellness Advisor in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Wellness Advisor in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Massage Envy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good core values, mission, diverse and educational workplace.

Cons

It really depends on the clinic like others reviewed, but I can only speak about the location I worked for. The hourly pay wasn't much more than minimum wage, the management wasn't leadership quality, and the clinic was terribly unorganized. No one could gives me a straight answer on how commission was paid out and for the three months I worked there I don't think I received one sales based commission I made. I wouldn't recommend this for more then a summer/high school job or someone just needing something temporarily. The idea behind Massage Envy is fantastic but it's executed so poorly.

"Individually owned, not a team playing business."

Current Employee - Front Desk Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Front Desk Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Massage Envy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good for making side money.

Cons

Taken advantage of and not rewarded for good performance. The therapist were even worse off.

Advice to Management

Learn to appreciate your employees and you will see an increase in profit! Dissatisfied workers lack motivation.