Mastech Digital - A good team to work with | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Mastech Digital

"A good team to work with"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Walnut Creek, CA
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at Mastech Digital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been working with Mastech since 2 years now as a full time employee and I'm a H1b candidate.
They been very transparent and accommodate so far.
I'm not very good at writing so I'll list out the positive and negative things that happened in my case so far and bear with my broken language.
1- Dedicated resource for different parts of administration (like HR, Payroll, Recruitment, Marketing, legal, bench management) and not like small consulting companies where a single person plays all the role.
2- Matured and prompt HR process and is well communicated, no surprises.
3- payment never missed its date and is prompt, occasionally it even gets cleared a day before in your account. I say this past experience and this last 2 years.
4- Benefits are not the best but on par with the industry. Employer participation is there in insurance payment. I have to pay $400 out of my pocket every month, but that is better to other companies.
5- My project got over a week before and I'm looking for new position, But they are paying me on bench, this is my 2nd week and they are working with me to find a local project in CA.
6- I requested not to relocate, and find a local project, they are patiently helping me and letting me find a project in local of my choice and are working with me in the same case.
7- You get 18 paid holidays (Including personal, vacation and holidays)

Cons

1- Though it is like a full time, it is really a consulting job. Your work life is purely based on the client you find and how flexible they are.
2- They don't have a very good direct client base in Bay Area (At-least that is what I know because I have tried only in bay area, I can't comment on other locations). It is very hard to find a project through them and you will have to market yourself.
3- They may be working on High margin, so the chances of you finding a project gets difficult, mainly because of the high rates.

Advice to Management

Please get your marketing team stronger and work with clients to get their goals accomplished so that you will have more direct client on your portfolio and will give boost the confidence of consultants working with you and wont let them wander in streets in search of a job.

Other Employee Reviews for Mastech Digital

"PostBrowning Cincinatti"

Former Employee - Management in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Management in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Mastech Digital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great fellow employees to work with

Cons

No vision at the top level of management, poor pay, lot of layoffs, poor morale, don't care about their employees, purchased Spectrum Financial Systems out of Charlotte NC and over the past three years have transformed a great company that had vision, was growing, employees had positive attitudes and looked forward to the future, to a company that is significantly loosing revenue and customer base, with dissatisfied employees that are fearfully of loosing their jobs.

Advice to Management

Show your employees that they are valuable to the company, restructure upper management.

"Never join this company"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Denver, CO

I worked at Mastech Digital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are few very good sales and recruiting team members who can help.

Cons

They do not support employee. They do not run payroll as promised. They terminate employees once out of project and with poor management skills in the company there are times your offers are lost though you have done good in interviews.

Advice to Management

Stop false promises of 1 month payroll running and do not terminate employees and play with their life.