MasterBrand Cabinets - A small company "feel", despite the fact that it is one of the largest cabinet companies in North America. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for MasterBrand Cabinets

"A small company "feel", despite the fact that it is one of the largest cabinet companies in North America."

Current Employee - Manager in Jasper, IN
Current Employee - Manager in Jasper, IN

Pros

Very good leadership with a great culture amongst the workforce. The organization looks to lead their industry, rather than to follow their competitors.

Cons

Overly sales driven at times. The goals of various departments often conflict, leading to inefficiency and occasional confusion amongst team members.

Advice to Management

Find balance between sales and operations....from certain viewpoints the company looks more and more customer compelled.

Other Employee Reviews for MasterBrand Cabinets

"Challenging, fast paced environment"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Jasper, IN
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Jasper, IN

Pros

Challenging assignments, professional workplace, good communication, operational excellence.

Cons

Must get group buy-in for every decision, some managers are not flexible.

2. "Worst place I've ever worked"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

I have been working at MasterBrand Cabinets full-time

Pros

I can't think of anything good.

Cons

Hourly employees are discriminated. They have to punch in and out every shift, which means the company doesn't trust its employees attendance. They even have the security card to scan but still have to punch in and out. Hourly employees also have worse benefit. Don't even have paid sick/personal days. 2 weeks of vacation is all PTO we have, but even that we have to accumulate a few hour by hour every paycheque. If you want to take a few hours or day off, you always need to fill out a form and get it approved by supervisor and HR. Even though I have a full access to a computer, and I'm not a labourer I have to do this. There is no flexibility in schedule, so if you're 1 minute late for punch in, you lose 15 minutes of pay, even though you make up 15 minutes after work. Supervisor is a micro-manager, and doesn't know anything. Too much politics in the company. Building is a crappy depressing dirty noisy place. But they make the office workers space so clean and nice, just not the manufacturing plant side. Guess what? They just built a new building in the States, clean and modern, but of course it's only for HR, IT and other office workers. They have a separate entrance for office workers and plant workers. Office workers enter from main entrance. Plant workers enter from the back entrance. So much discrimination. Washrooms are always stinky in the plant. But of course not the ones in offices. HR's never reply to emails, probably because they don't care about employees. The Worst place I've ever worked.