Employee Review

Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Loving MC so far!

Jun 22, 2021 - Technical Sourcer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Flexible and Autonomous - Kind and Supportive - Remote but still feel integrated as a part of the team and company culture - Supporting a really cool product

Cons

Haven't experienced anything noteworthy yet. I'd highlight that we're building new product and scaling, so we don't have all the processes figured out just yet. The cons are a large part of my interest, there's lot's to improve and plenty of strategic work to be done.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Loved Working with Recruiter during the Hiring Process

Sep 1, 2021 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

The recruiter Lauren from Masterclass was really great to work with. I found the whole process (from interviews to the offer) to be excellent. Lauren was very friendly, quick to respond, easy to talk to and timely. I'm excited to join the team.

Cons

No cons that I can list.

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Misleading hiring process

Sep 12, 2021 - Independent Contractor in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent pay, flexible work-from-home schedule.

Cons

Extremely misleading, highly unprofessional and chaotic hiring practices. I was hired for a job I was well-qualified for. They shipped a computer to my home. I did all of the onboarding stuff in the run-up to my first day. The night before I was due to start, I got a panicked call from HR telling me the position I was offered was "temporarily unavailable." They offered me a temporary contract job in an entirely different department, wholly different from my background/skillset, for a period of 3 months while my "real" job was lined up. I signed a 90-day contract for temporary work. The 90 days passed and instead of giving me the job I was promised, they laid me off. The HR director acted like there was never any arrangement to transition me into the new role. I felt totally gaslit. Yet, lo and behold, nearly a year after they declined to renew my contract, the hiring manager reached out to me to see if I was interested in taking the job I originally interviewed for. Working for MasterClass was one of the most humiliating professional experiences of my career.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about MasterClass.