Mastercard - MasterCard is a great place to work because the diverse technologies we work with in a given year exceed most careers | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Mastercard

"MasterCard is a great place to work because the diverse technologies we work with in a given year exceed most careers"

Current Employee - Technical Consultant in O'Fallon, MO
Current Employee - Technical Consultant in O'Fallon, MO

I have been working at Mastercard full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working at MasterCard (Operations & Technologies Headquarters) is exciting due to the many opportunities that come about in a technology company. There are always changes to our infrastructure and we're constantly pushing the envelope with new and exciting adoption (or creation of) technologies.

What I mean to say is that it is clear how many parts of the Technology Organization of MasterCard, in just a 2 year span, an Operations employee (Analyst through Sr. Professional) will have established a firm working knowledge of many different industry leading products, software or technology types that will decorate their resume beyond what many might achieve in their entire career.

Cons

The only 2 Cons I've heard around the office are really these:

1) Due to the high pressure demands for rapid development or fast turn around on various projects, many find themselves overwhelmed. It certainly isn't a workplace for the meek (though I personally enjoy the pressure, it drives me personally).

2) Appreciation is lacking for those that burst with initiative and improvement efforts that change the company for the good. I've been witness to several cases where an employee has improved a process or business practice that has caused a financial savings greater than that employee's salary (in a few cases these savings are realized annually).

Advice to Management

First, If I could share some things with upper management it would be to work on communication across the different parts of the organization when it comes to product purchasing and development efforts. Many times I find 2 teams that don't work together are sometimes spending even Millions of dollars attempting to solve the same business requirement(s). If they knew such projects were underway, the 2nd one in the pool might be able to leverage the advancements (and investments) made by the first team tackling the issue. This might be achieved by enacting a policy that asks teams to:

1) Post the name & description of the effort they're working on in a searchable forum (say our SharePoint site for example) and

2) That teams seeking to start an effort on a topic first search that forum to see if anyone else is already under way.

Second, Instruct Middle Management to take better initiatives with the HEART award system for their own employees when they do something that really moves the needle. It's ok if these awards come from a manager instead of a peer or other employee.

Other Employee Reviews for Mastercard

1. "Great Company - Have been here four years and love the change and impact company is having...."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Purchase, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Purchase, NY

I have been working at Mastercard full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Growth company that provides a lot of opportunity

Cons

Company is going through major transformation, pace of change is fast...you have to have to want to be part of the future.....

"MasterCard Intern"

Former Employee - MasterCard Intern in Purchase, NY
    Former Employee - MasterCard Intern in Purchase, NY

I worked at Mastercard full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone in the company is extremely accessible, pay is great, wonderful work-life balance, and the program is very structured program. A great company to gain experience and meet new people. HR generally does a really great job at placing interns with teams.

Cons

It is very difficult for interns to receive a return offer just because MasterCard is very particular on who they bring back. Probabilities of getting return offers from big name tech or consulting companies is much higher than getting a return offer from MasterCard. ]