Match - Innovative and fun place to work but people can be superficial - who you know matters! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Match

"Innovative and fun place to work but people can be superficial - who you know matters!"

I have been working at Match full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun atmosphere, lot of product innovation, fast-paced and dynamic, opportunity to work on some interesting projects, interesting business.

Cons

Existence of an "inner-circle" among senior management that can interfere with career growth. Senior management tends to hire only people they know really well such as personal friends into senior roles so don't give much opportunity for people within the company to move up. Leads to a lot of frustration, politics and loss of talent.

Promotions and/or salary raises are not given very often - really depends on discretion of manager.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent and try to breakdown this image of the inner-circle. It is causing a lot more harm than you think and causes a lot of frustration among employees who don't have access to this "circle". Give more opportunities to employees who deserve them and listen more. Recognize your talented employees more.

Other Employee Reviews for Match

"Boys Club"

I worked at Match full-time

Pros

Great clients to work with

Cons

Horrible upper managemet. The HR department is a joke and doesn't bother to do proper investigations of complaits. Directors are lazy and disorganized.

Advice to Management

Get rid of a umber of your directors; they have no idea what they're doing

"It's ok but far from perfect"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Match full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love my colleagues and the general vibe in the office. I am lucky to be working in an office that's much more social than what I hear from friends in other companies.

Work is mostly challenging and interesting.

Cool summer parties.

Cons

I disagree with so many decisions made by upper management about driving the business. The way they run the business in very naive and I can't see the business thrive in 10 or 20 years from now.

A lot of decision making is moreover taken away from the subsidiaries, and headquarters make a lot of unnecessary mistakes, continuously refusing to listen to advice from managers in the other/local offices. I generally disagree with the prioritization the senior managers do about running the business.

Advice to Management

Stop thinking short-terms profits, think about what will drive a long-term successful business. Listen to your employees about where focus is lacking.

Match Response

May 5, 2017 – Senior Recruiter

Thanks for sharing some feedback. We’re glad to hear that you enjoy the vibe, role and social events. That said, we’re sorry to hear your thoughts on senior management. Please do reach out to our HR ... More