MathWorks - Best working environment in my limited professional experience. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for MathWorks

"Best working environment in my limited professional experience."

Current Employee - Quality Engineer in Natick, MA
Current Employee - Quality Engineer in Natick, MA

I have been working at MathWorks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good work and life balance. A large supporting team works on creating the best working environment to keep you focusing on work.

Cons

The salary is relatively low in this market.

Other Employee Reviews for MathWorks

"Negative Experience in the Marketing Department"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

I worked at MathWorks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great products, technical savy, strong engineering and industry focus.

Cons

The marketing department actively promotes and rewards bullying of junior or new employees. Micromanagement prevails, draconian review process with frequent belittling and demaning feedback. Communism with cookies.
    Turnover in the company is high for newer people, while the old guard soldiers on.

Advice to Management

You are either part of the problem or part of the soluitiion. As long as this type of behavior is sanctioned you are part of the problem.

"Too much micromanagement"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

I worked at MathWorks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cookies, free breakfast, company outing, nice office, good cafeteria, stable company. I loved the cookies!

Cons

This is a good solid company with alot of potential, but I disliked working here. Management watches over you like a hawk. There is alot of micromanagement. They don't allow you to work from home at all. Career advancement is vitually none. Seniority is based on your number of years, and they treat new people (new = under 3 years) like they don't count . You can't voice your opinion or challege any of the antiquated process. Their answer is basically "It's the Mathworks way" which means shut up or I'll get you in trouble. There are meetings after meeting after meeting and most of them are a waste of time. However, you have to go or someone will tell your manager and get you in trouble.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the dead weight. Just because someone has been there for 10 years doesn't mean they are adding value. ALlow new people to challenge the new process.