MathWorks - Good place to work for beginners | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for MathWorks

"Good place to work for beginners"

Pros

Could learn many useful things

Cons

Salary is not competitive for experienced persons.

Other Employee Reviews for MathWorks

"Bright people, continual learning, great products & diverse applications - it's why I've stayed so long!"

Current Employee - Technical Manager in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I have been working at MathWorks full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

MathWorks is a great place to work. It's a collaborative environment with bright people. MATLAB & Simulink are great products that really 'make a difference' in the world and have a very broad range of applications in science, engineering, and finance. There are plenty of opportunities to learn and develop, both formally and informally. It's a very stable company that has been profitable since its inception and is growing as fast as it can hire good people! The CEO is a role model for learning and self-improvement; he has personally grown the company from 2 people to over 2500.

Cons

MathWorks don't lead the way in encouraging flexible work options e.g. home-working, part-time working.

Advice to Management

Encourage more integration between the MATLAB and Simulink teams. I believe we can shift a little on flexibility and still maintain our collaborative culture and strong work-ethic.

2. "Selling excellent software from a great company"

I have been working at MathWorks full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Nothing better than offering my customers a product I can believe in, that changes the world.
    Our internal systems are top-notch, making quoting and managing customers a breeze.
    I have enormous respect for Jack and other leaders in the company who have built a hugely successful business while adhering to core values I can believe in.
    Employees are treated well, with company outings and other perks. Benefits are good. Stakeholder bonuses put everyone in a position to benefit from doing excellent work.

Cons

Review process is inherently negative - very little attention to what you do right, and lots of attention to areas for imrovement.
    Natick-centric attitude: remote employees are rarely brought into day to day decisions, marginalized in meetings.

Advice to Management

Find ways to involve the increasing numbers of remote employees. We have a wealth of knowledge and field experience that can add perspective and breadth to MathWorks decisions.