MathWorks - Great company to work for. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for MathWorks

"Great company to work for."

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Natick, MA
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Natick, MA

I have been working at MathWorks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Frequently get to work on new technologies and projects. The company culture promotes collaboration and a positive environment. The company also invests in employees by providing excellent technical training.

Cons

There doesn't appear to be a lot of opportunities for advancement. However, since every employee's voice is heard during development, you can contribute greatly without being a manager.

Other Employee Reviews for MathWorks

"Good try, but potential to waste talent."

I have been working at MathWorks full-time

Pros

The campus looks awesome. Office are also very nice. For the most part, coworkers are friendly and engaging. Nice perks, such as free breakfast on Wednesday and free cookies on Friday afternoon.

Cons

A lot of project time is spent trying to appease everyone involved. There is also little concern for individuals dissatisfied by their work. Or at least, there is little action done regarding such matters. Young and enthusiastic individuals tend to be taken for granted.

Advice to Management

Put people in charge with the skills, not seniority.

2. "The MathWorks has been a great company to work for."

Current Employee - Quality Engineer in Natick, MA
    Current Employee - Quality Engineer in Natick, MA

I have been working at MathWorks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is a wonderful atmosphere, challenging problems, and passionate people.

The company is investing in new offices and facilities in order to ensure a nice, modern working environment. Additionally, the Core Values of The MathWorks help to create an atmosphere of creative, rational, kind, passionate people.

Everyday, we work to improve our software and our understanding of the ways people use our software.

The company is wonderfully diverse in terms of ethnicities, skills, and interests, which helps to foster groups forming for people that share common passions.

Cons

As with any medium to large company, the bureaucracy can occasionally feel like a burden.