MathWorks - Mathlab | Glassdoor

"Mathlab"

Current Intern - Applications Support Engineer in Natick, MA
Current Intern - Applications Support Engineer in Natick, MA

I have been working at MathWorks as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Good technical knowledge in the employees

Cons

Stupid interviews and very less hope.

Advice to Management

Make the interviews better

Other Employee Reviews for MathWorks

"Very engineering driven"

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Natick, MA
    Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Natick, MA

I have been working at MathWorks full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very dynamic cross-functional teams. Little to no hierarchy--often meeting with 3 or 4 levels "above". Broad application domains makes the place very interesting. Engineering has a lot of say in product development. Generally a good work-life balance. Company really takes care of its employees with great profit sharing, special events, and perks.

Cons

Needs to emphasize marketing way more in the product development cycle. Team outside of coders often spread very thin across multiple projects lessening their impact. Development takes up the slack. Projects are redirected often.

Advice to Management

Need better marketing to feed into defining products.

"Relaxing and fun place to work, not a huge challege from the CS side and a bit older culture for a tech company."

Former Intern - CSDG Software Development Intern in Boston, MA
    Former Intern - CSDG Software Development Intern in Boston, MA

I worked at MathWorks as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Relaxed work, 40hr work weeks, lots of activities and ways to get involved, great gym. All of my bosses and the people I worked with while at MathWorks were very nice individuals, lots of respect in the office and people really do seem to care. It has a strong sense of community. Great location for anyone looking to start a family, difficult for younger adults who want to live in down-town Boston. Parking was great on site, lots of opportunities to move up in the company and you can tell they really care about and value their employees.

Cons

Food was ok, people don't seem super driven at the company and are sort of complacent in my opinion. The computer science work that I did was not very challenging and most of the work I saw from other engineers did not seem extremely challenging or interesting.

Advice to Management

Start a new product line, you do simulink and matlab very well, try creating a completely new product/software, you have the resources and stability to try it!