Mathematica Policy Research - Overall very excellent experience | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Mathematica Policy Research

"Overall very excellent experience"

Former Employee - Field Interviewer in Gainesville, FL
Former Employee - Field Interviewer in Gainesville, FL

I worked at Mathematica Policy Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was awesome to work here. The staff were all very supportive the pay was great. The training was superb and gave me all of the information I needed to succeed. Their headquarters in Princeton is absolutely wonderful. Fabulous group of people and overall excellent experience. Loved working for them and would recommend them to anyone.

Cons

The study I worked on was temporary and they had no other studies. Other than that there werent really any downside.

Other Employee Reviews for Mathematica Policy Research

"This company operates as professional, sincere, and ldedicated to client as well as staff and field workers!"

Former Employee - Field Interviewer
    Former Employee - Field Interviewer

I worked at Mathematica Policy Research part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Staff, field support and tech support were always available and enthusiastic to assist , clarify or educate the field worker with a pleasant and productive atmosphere!

Cons

adjusting to another company--- after the Mathematica project is finished.

"Avoid if you can..."

Current Employee - Program Analyst in Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - Program Analyst in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at Mathematica Policy Research full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Every employee, besides secretaries, gets their own office

Cons

1. Worked for this company over 5 years. some of the key points to remember when you work here - discrimination, favoritism - Yes, exists here.

During my employment at Mathematica, I have heard Male project directors cracking racial/offensive JOKES and mean words towards female employees -- Making 'STINKY' environment to work.

You are NOT judged based on your skill-set, experience, or hard-work - but based on your face-value (what a joke !)

3. Their attitude towards everyone is "you're replaceable", they will spend $1,000 to save $10, they make it impossible to move on within the company.

4. Senior research and management staff often ignore emails from junior staff, and it can be hard to get help when you are stuck on something.

5. Incompetent support staff (accounting, IT, secretaries, etc). Not good enough for the 21st century.
    Limited professional development opportunities.

6. Lacks cultural diversity. Definitely missing dynamic, and diverse corporate culture.

7. Some staff lack professionalism. Personal relationships often drive business decisions and staff are treated differently based upon their personal relationships.

8. No career-growth or advancement opportunity for most of the staff.