Mathematica - Lots of (exciting) change | Glassdoor

"Lots of (exciting) change"

I have been working at Mathematica full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Incredibly talented and committed colleagues, flexible work environment, strong benefits including lots of PTO, lots of access to senior management including lots of town halls with the CEO, and interesting work. Employee owned, so when the company does well I do too, and the company has done well consistently. Also like the very visible committment to diversity and inclusion.

Cons

Uncertainty as the research field changes. Hard to know how much your job will change and when, but it's also an interesting opportunity.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating openly and honestly. Don't worry about how staff will respond, we're adults -- tell it to us like it is.

Mathematica2018-09-30
  1. "Supportive Colleagues"

Current Employee - Senior Survey Researcher in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at Mathematica full-time

Pros

Great work life balance. With the flexibility to work from home you are truly able to have the best of both worlds.

Cons

At times the work distribution gets impacted due to project schedule shifts.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire junior staff to assist with work flow.

Mathematica2019-11-15

"Company with great potential but seems to undervalue employees"

I have been working at Mathematica full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone is friendly. Office space is great. Rigorous recruiting process. Strong quality of work. It appears the company rewards people for their tenure and commitment.

Cons

People seem to work in silos. They only know their part of a project/process. Despite the rigorous recruiting the salary is not competitive. You have to fight tooth and nail and you’ll still come up short. Benefits are also not competitive.

Advice to Management

If you want to hire more non-entry level/mid- career folks offer better packages (salary and/or benefits).

Mathematica2020-01-21

Discover more reviews about Mathematica.