KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Contractor, more than 3 years

Field data collector

Jul 31, 2022 - Anonymous Contractor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing place to work for with no micromanage

Cons

Contract work which means there is not all year round employment.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Great place to work

Jul 16, 2022 - Researcher
    Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting projects focused on important policy issues; wonderful culture; smart, supportive colleagues; flexible WFH policy; employee-owned

Cons

Proposal season (late spring/summer through early fall) can be stressful; was getting a bit more 'corporate' when I left; hope this doesn't dampen the generally positive, team-oriented culture.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

The work is rote and unstimulating

Sep 25, 2022 - Health Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours; nice colleagues; remote work options

Cons

Exactly 1 of my projects (a small fraction of my time) has involved complex policy research. Much of the work assigned to masters level analysts with several years of experience could be completed by folks without a bachelors degree. A majority of the so-called quantitative work involves putting together two way tables of counts and percentages, manually updating work documents and excel sheets. Less work utilizing novel quantitative methods, and that work is reserved mostly for doctoral level researchers.

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Mathematica.

Mathematica Careers

Cover image for Mathematica

Software Engineering, Statistical Programming & Advanced Analytics At Mathematica, we rely on Software Engineers and Statistical...More

• About
  • Diversity
  • Careers
  • Join Us!

Mathematica Photos

+ Add Photo
Mathematica photo of: Mathematica Policy Research Page Liked · April 7 via Instagram · Edited · .. “Happy #CelebrateDiversityMonth!” from the D.C. members of our Black Employee Resource Group
Mathematica photo of: Our Woodlawn office
Mathematica photo of: At the Data for Opioids code-a-thon
Mathematica photo of: At the opening of our Seattle office
Mathematica photo of: Members of our Parents and Other Caregivers employee resource group.
Mathematica photo of: Members of our LGBTQ+A employee resource group.

Have you worked here?