Mather Memorial Hospital - Rewarding experience that has helped me grow personally and professionally. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Mather Memorial Hospital

"Rewarding experience that has helped me grow personally and professionally."

Pros

The culture at Mather is about communication, openness and recognition for a job well done. Leadership supports continued personal and professional growth and achievable challenges. It's never, ever boring!

Cons

While overtime is nice, it would be great if it was easier to be a salaried employee.

Advice to Management

Keep striving forward!

Other Employee Reviews for Mather Memorial Hospital

1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Business Dept, Outpatient, Breast Center
    Current Employee - Business Dept, Outpatient, Breast Center

Pros

Friendly work environment and excellent benefits. Opportunity for job advancement . Professional training and growth opportunities. Excellent benefits, pay vacation, Medical & Dental Insurance, retirement, paid schooling. Good food. Finding the cure.

Cons

Main Hospital- parking, small pay raises, Slow on weekends zzzzzzz..... A lot of walking. Outpatient & Breast Center no complaints!

Advice to Management

Pretty good management never had any problems personally. Could have better communication of job responsibilities, opportunities, and possibilities to employees.

2. "Reviewer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Port Jefferson, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Port Jefferson, NY

I worked at Mather Memorial Hospital part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I worked here for 17 years. The patients and staff that have long since retired were what made my day brighter. I left miserable, but with a small pension and 403 B that was a plus.

Cons

Not enough cultural diversity. Although while I worked there, I obtained a degree, there was no room for growth. Any position I tried to apply for was conveniently not available, however the person that would eventually get hired was not fit, nor did they last in the position(S). The Nursing staff in my dept wanted to treat me like I was beneath them, then complain because I demanded to be treated as a peer.

Advice to Management

I'm sure the new owners (Northwell) will take notice that most staff of color are on the night shift and hopefully change that. Also, I'm hoping that they will put a cap on the amount of nepotism that is allowed in the hiring process.