Matheson Tri-Gas - If you are new Matheson is great place to work. If you were acquired there is some pain. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Matheson Tri-Gas

"If you are new Matheson is great place to work. If you were acquired there is some pain."

Current Employee - Account Manager
Current Employee - Account Manager

Pros

Large competetive company. Pretty much able to manage yuor own territory without a lot over supervision. Good benefits. Comparable salary to the other large gas companies, however no where near what our company paid before the acquisition of our former company.

Cons

Mahtheson is experiencing way too many growing pains. Employee morale in my 15 years of service to this industry has never been lower by myself and fellow account managers with the compensation program. Advancement seems to be an issue. Do too well in your position, penalty, stay right where you are.. Too many promotions to people who don't have a clue or were non producers. Independent distributors seem to treat their people more personally. Decisions and implementation of any project takes way too long. Accounting department is incompetent. I agree with most of the comments already posted. Their software program on the retail side is a problem and very inefficient. Excessive, almost laughable safety expectations.

Advice to Management

Slow down with the acquisitions and get back to who really counts. The customer and your employees' happiness. Find a simpler software program. The TIMS system is a mess, locks up way too often and is not user friendly. Inventory levels are a mess and difficult to enter as an order. I have worked for 3 different industrial gas companies and have been very disappointed in this operation so far. As soon as I can, I am begging for my old job back. The old proverbial saying the grass is not greener on this side of the fence.

Other Employee Reviews for Matheson Tri-Gas

"Not the worse place I've ever worked, but close to the bottom due to Management's short comings."

Pros

People are nice to work because everyone shares the same frustrations in trying to get things done. Most employees are resigned to the fact that the system in place is doomed to failure, and won't be changed.

Cons

Upper management doesn't have a clue. One of two possible reasons. They don't have any contact with either customers or front line employes to understand the challenges that the company faces. The other scenario is they are aware of the challenges but they just don't care and are going to move ahead with their plans inspite of evidence they're going down the wrong road.

Advice to Management

Don't fall in love with the sound of your own voice, and go talk to some customers.

"before being bought out by Matheson excellent! after being bought out very poor!!!"

Current Employee - Driver/Inside Sales
    Current Employee - Driver/Inside Sales

Pros

benifits are comparable. able to work at own pace for my position. Location and personnel i work with are excellent!

Cons

very concerned with profit, which is understandable...to many unnecessary charges to customer ie; hazmat charges, transportation and production charge, and delivery charge. unconcerned with the smaller/small town customer. Way to many safety requirements that make doing the job more stressful and cumbersome!

Advice to Management

Safety first yes! implementing unrealistic requirements that upper management does not have to deal with to complete the mission is making me looking for another job myself! Lookat the small customer paying all those charges, should be dealt with on an individual basis, they all cant afford it. The first line sales person hears about it daily!!!! Kroll needs to retire,and quit worry about making is million dollsar paycheck while the worker bees make peannuts!!!!!