Matheson Tri-Gas - Looking for another job | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Matheson Tri-Gas

"Looking for another job"

I have been working at Matheson Tri-Gas full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pay is fair, benefits are good, Steady work

Cons

Micromanagement, Absurd tool kit meetings all the time, Way overboard on safety meetings, Terrible customer service, Its Management against hourly workers. Treated with disrespect and threatening manner by management. That's just 10% of the list.

Advice to Management

Treat employees with respect and dignity. There are some of us there who have been there many years, know what we are doing, are doing above and beyond and deserve better then what this company is doing to us. Moral is bad. half the employees are looking for other jobs.

Other Employee Reviews for Matheson Tri-Gas

"Ok not great"

Pros

benefits are top notch Work Schedule is very flexible free to run my route without mgt watching me like a hawk

Cons

communication is the key Our branch acts like a corporate office guys running around with only one thing on theri minds

Advice to Management

Quit micro managing the branches like they are down the street from the corparate office. Each part of the country has its own unique operating needs We are all not in Texas

"BAD"

I worked at Matheson Tri-Gas full-time

Pros

benefits were good - employees at lower level still care.

Cons

Company is to internally focused - safety reports and conference calls are over the top. Customer service has gone out the window - VP surrounds himself with yes men. These yes men are killing the moral at a store level. Older employees with years of experience and knowledge that came from prior companies are tossed to the side and marginalized. What a shame MTG took good profitable business and turned them into a MESS!! Safety people running operations - that explains a lot! I forgot to add the computer platform - TIMMS - what a mess real un-user friendly!!

Advice to Management

Your doomed to fail in the packaged gas business! You have lost the personal touch that a local distributor can offer. Wake up, most employees are just trying to survive the day and waiting for a chance to get out.