Matheson Tri-Gas - Current employee | Glassdoor

"Current employee"

I have been working at Matheson Tri-Gas full-time

Pros

Great coworkers and benefits. Plant manager cares a lot about his employees and their well being. Have very competent people working in their various positions and always willing to listen to input from lower level employees.

Cons

Getting too corporate with new CEO and his system. Surround himself with his hand picked team. The good old days of some autonomy are gone. Current emphasis is on the bottom line and every division that do not meet his expectation are on the chopping block for downsizing or firing. Lost some really good people as a result and had everybody walking on eggshells. Not a healthy work environment where fear rules. No one has a clue what his next move will be.

Advice to Management

Hands off to the branches and stop micro managing. The current people has kept the business running profitably for years and are very competent. Cut the unnecessary spending on too much safety concerns. It has been an overkill on safety and also on some other unnecessary projects. Penny wise and pound foolish on the savings.

Other Employee Reviews for Matheson Tri-Gas

"Looking for another job"

I have been working at Matheson Tri-Gas full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pay is fair, benefits are good, Steady work

Cons

Micromanagement, Absurd tool kit meetings all the time, Way overboard on safety meetings, Terrible customer service, Its Management against hourly workers. Treated with disrespect and threatening manner by management. That's just 10% of the list.

Advice to Management

Treat employees with respect and dignity. There are some of us there who have been there many years, know what we are doing, are doing above and beyond and deserve better then what this company is doing to us. Moral is bad. half the employees are looking for other jobs.

"Ok not great"

Pros

benefits are top notch Work Schedule is very flexible free to run my route without mgt watching me like a hawk

Cons

communication is the key Our branch acts like a corporate office guys running around with only one thing on theri minds

Advice to Management

Quit micro managing the branches like they are down the street from the corparate office. Each part of the country has its own unique operating needs We are all not in Texas