Matrix Group International - Well meaning, low morale | Glassdoor

"Well meaning, low morale"

I have been working at Matrix Group International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Access to free online resources to learn how to do anything technical you want ( programming frameworks and languages, website design, social media). If you need to improve your presenting skills, opportunities to do lunch & learns for staff and webinars for clients, presenting deliverables and answering questions about them, doing trainings for clients in Wordpress, Google Analytics etc. Some hands on training from senior staff while you work on projects .

Cons

You *might* get basic training but you will spend more time teaching yourself. Almost no feedback from managers. Projects scoped, scheduled, and billed so haphazardly that staff get stressed out. Managers don’t know how to say no to clients. Much of the way things run, is reactive panic at the last minute. Predominately 2 kinds of bad management: micromanagers that dont’ let you do your work or that don’t do any actual managing of people to make sure things don’t slip thru the cracks. Management out of touch on what staff thinks fo them . Paid vacation, sick leave, salaries, and the telecommuting policy leave a lot to be desired. Lack of focus about the company's mission and how to build the business for the future.

Matrix Group International2018-10-16

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Awesome startup culture with a long time web design agency"

Former Employee - Marketing Specialist in Crystal City, VA

I worked at Matrix Group International full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly work environment, flexible work hours (ie can take an hour lunch to go to the gym or come in early to leave in an hour early), bosses are open to new ideas and constructive criticism

Cons

Hours can ramp up if a program is behind schedule

Matrix Group International2019-12-03
  2. "This company will push you to grow and gives you a say in how things get done"

Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Matrix Group International full-time for more than a year

Pros

From new video editing tricks to improving my content writing abilities, I was given ample leeway to invest my work time into developing new skills and advocating for projects based on my interests. I also had the ability to sit in on other departments' meetings and skill building exercises even if they weren't in my department. The company lets you take at least 1 focus day a week where you can work from home. It's also lenient if you're not feeling well but not too sick to work. The CEO is a huge a star wars geek, so all of the conference rooms are named after Star Wars planets and the anniversary parties of the past have involved renting out a movie theater to watch the latest movie.

Cons

My primary boss worked remotely, so sometimes there were situations where it would've been easier to work together in person. Slack and google hangouts solved most of our issues, but more in person assistance would've been helpful when starting out.

Matrix Group International2019-05-15

Discover more reviews about Matrix Group International.