Mattress Firm - Most Employee-Friendly Company I've Ever Worked For | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Mattress Firm

"Most Employee-Friendly Company I've Ever Worked For"

Pros

While the work is very involved and demanding the company truly seems to be concerned with the success and wellbeing of all employees.
You write your own paycheck.

Cons

Hours are long, but the more you work the more money you make.

Mattress Firm Response

Mar 24, 2014 – Vice President Talent Management

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide your feedback! We appreciate it.

Other Employee Reviews for Mattress Firm

"It is OK if you sometimes don't mind NOT getting your paycheck for a long while."

I have been working at Mattress Firm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When u don't get your paycheck what can u say that is good? You work hard and no check in the bank?

Cons

2 payroll glitches in one year? Are you hearing me Steve?
    When Mattress Firm has a computer glitch and payroll gets messed up, they do not act quickly.
    Why do employees have to go two weeks without their paycheck and suffer without a paycheck when mattress firm is a million dollar company? And NOW....May 1st 2014 IT HAS HAPPENED AGAIN!

Advice to Management

Get it together! Your going to lose good people. If their is a glitch you all should be the ones getting a loan next day and FEDEX over night paychecks out to your people....not making them go without pay for two weeks. When there is no pay in the bank, mortgages and car payments default!! Employees can't make their financial obligations and end up with over draft fee's, bank late fee's and ruin their credit ratings...Is that what You would call a caring and good company to work for? People need their paychecks STEVE!

"In Response to Management's Feedback on “Patience and Relationships with Management an Issue”"

Former Employee - Mattress Firm Store Manager
    Former Employee - Mattress Firm Store Manager

I worked at Mattress Firm full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I attempted to speak with upper level management, was basically ignored, and was told that they were sorry that things worked out the way they did. But, the DM's had been around a few years and they had to listen to them.

Cons

You have blatent age discrimination within your organization. You have DMs that follow the "friend" logic. The RMs and above need to look at numbers, history, and dedication. I would have retired with your company, in spite of the long hours, the rah rah meetings, and the issue with the DMs. But the "good, ole (young) boys and the bullies that are women will continue to run the show.

Advice to Management

The RMs and above need to look at numbers, history, and dedication. I am still having my referral based clients call me to say hello. And I am building that referral base from them in the my new company.
    I am fortunate enough to have been given a Management position with a large company that values my experience, dedication, and hard work. Watch the revolving door....it will hurt you!!

Mattress Firm Response

Apr 14, 2014 – Vice President Talent Management

Thank you for your feedback. I'd welcome a phone call if you have anything you'd like to discuss further.