Mattress Firm - Store Manager/ Area Trainer | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Mattress Firm

"Store Manager/ Area Trainer"

Former Employee - Store Manager/Area Trainer in Miami, FL
Former Employee - Store Manager/Area Trainer in Miami, FL

I worked at Mattress Firm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked for Mattress Firm right out of college and I was highly impressed by the training and the quality of people the company employs. The selling skills I learned at Mattress Firm have helped me further my career in many ways. I loved this company and felt appreciated. Not to mention they have the best product in the industry. Room for advancement is very possible with hard work and commitment.

Pay is in line with jobs in the industry and I think that the training and the investment made by the company in your development as a sales professional is extremely valuable.

I no longer work for them, but I recommend this company to anyone looking for a mattress or for great sales training and experience.

I'll end my long review with this. My wife's father passed away (girlfriend at the time) while I was away from home at one of the training's in Houston. I told the company and they immediately put me on a flight to take care of my wife. A month later they flew me back to finish the training I had missed due to my family emergency. I don't know if I ever said thank you, but here it is. Any company that is willing to take care of employees this way should be applauded. I will always respect and recommend Mattress Firm.

Cons

The hours can be long and if you are a person that always wants action then this might not be the job for you.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your people through training and development. They might not work for you forever, but they might become life long customers like myself.

Jun 12, 2014 – Vice President Talent Management

Thanks so much for the review and for the 'thank you'. We're glad you had a positive experience while working here and appreciate you taking the time to leave us a note. Hope all is well! ... More

Other Employee Reviews for Mattress Firm

"Fantastic"

Current Employee - Mattress Firm Store Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Mattress Firm Store Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Mattress Firm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture is great and if you can close people down the money is great as well. Paid vacation and greta benifits program

Cons

you will work every major holiday, christmas, memorial day, labor day etc. also its long retail hours 10-8 every day so if you cant handle retial dont apply fir this job.

Jun 27, 2014 – Vice President Talent Management

Hello Dallas! Thanks for taking time to leave a review! We're glad you appreciate the culture, compensation and benefits. You're correct that we've got some important holidays to work when our store ... More

"Boring but it's a great place to start like I did."

Former Employee - Store Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Mattress Firm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay for the little amount of work you do. Fun when you get a guest willing to learn and enjoy the experience.

Cons

You see very few customers a day. Some days you could see nobody (10 hour day) in the store.
    Hard to keep yourself engaged all day.
    Have to work holidays / weekends.

Advice to Management

Focus sales campaign/marketing more locally not nationally.

Jun 27, 2014 – Vice President Talent Management

Thanks for the review and feedback! I will share your feedback with our senior leadership team. Hope all is well in St. Louis!