Mattress Firm - A Great Company To Work For! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Mattress Firm

"A Great Company To Work For!"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Memphis, TN
Current Employee - Sales Manager in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Mattress Firm full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Mattress Firm has a great company culture and is a fun place to work, despite being a little slower paced at times. You get a ton of sales training before you are expected to start actually selling. Training is about 4-6 weeks or so and at the end of it you actually fly out to Atlanta and have a week long training camp with other new employees around the company.

This is my first real job out of college and I kind of took it as a resume builder just to start doing something. A few years later I've totally fallen in love with the company and I'm so happy that I ended up here. Telling people you are a mattress salesman isn't sexy; when people know you have a college education and you work at mattress store they will look at you like you have three heads, but this job is awesome! I have fun most days I come into work; it's serious but relaxed at the same time. Mattress Firm is a performance based company, so I've been able to move up very quickly, unlike some of my friends who have waited years for a promotion at other companies. I've also earned a very good living, making a lot more money at Mattress Firm than I would have if I had gone into accounting or finance. I'm a very competitive person, I was involved in college athletics, and I like the fact that Mattress Firm is about your results and not your tenure.

The position has a salary, so you'll never go hungry if you have a bad month, but you do earn commissions so you can make your own paycheck depending on how good you are. I wasn't sure about that going into this job; I was raised on the idea that you go to school and get a salaried job. Luckily for me, I've always done well, but I'm still working on getting better. I don't think I could work a normal job where I get paid the same as the person next me, or less if they are more tenured, if I'm more productive than they are.

Cons

The hours are the biggest draw back. It's not horrific retail hours but it's retail hours. You'll work weekends and holiday and anytime people shop.

Mattress Firm Response

Aug 4, 2014 – Vice President Talent Management

Hey Memphis! Thanks so much for your review and it's awesome to hear you are smitten with Mattress Firm-- this makes us smile a big smile!

Other Employee Reviews for Mattress Firm

"Mattress Firm provides the tools to succeed if you're ready to take your career to the next level."

Current Employee - District Sales Manager
    Current Employee - District Sales Manager

I have been working at Mattress Firm full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

What I really like about working for Mattress Firm is the flexbility of a work/life balance. The company provides vacation time as soon as six months of employment and is always looking out for its employees to have a great personal life. As far as training, it's always ongoing so you don't have to worry about not growing.

Cons

It's a retail job so yes you do have to work long shifts, weekends, and holidays. But there is plenty of down time to not only be successful at your work but also plan your personal life so that when you're off you can enjoy your time.

"Coolaid! So much to drink. Just get a job as a cheerleader and at least you will have some dignity."

Former Employee - Manager On Duty in Oak Creek, WI
    Former Employee - Manager On Duty in Oak Creek, WI

I worked at Mattress Firm full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Knowledge of product and discount. You can depending upon location make a decent income.

Cons

Upper mgt. Does nothing to hold accountible the people who are lazy and should'nt of been hired in the first place. Employees who use the bathroom and don't manage after their mess. I actually have pics! And invite their friends in for hours to discuss multi level marketing jobs on company time.

Advice to Management

Get some brass balls and actually do whats right instead of drinking the coolaid and serving it!

Mattress Firm Response

Sep 22, 2014 – Vice President Talent Management

I appreciate you taking time to leave a review. It's certainly disheartening to hear you had a bad experience and that this was not a good fit for you.