Mattress Giant - they don't have a clue what there doing. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Mattress Giant

"they don't have a clue what there doing."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Boston, MA

Pros

Well it is a paycheck although not much of one. I did meet some very nice coworkers while I worked there.

Cons

Could have made more money flipping burgers, made min. wage most weeks. Current management has poor communication and don't know how to run a mattress company . They want you to go find customers and they make the money. They want you to take deals even though you will not get paid on them. Commission plan is a joke.

Advice to Management

Get some top management in their that know how to run a mattress company.

Other Employee Reviews for Mattress Giant

"Mattress Giant needs to focus on their salespeople who actually brings in the revenue."

Current Employee - Store Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Houston, TX

Pros

Price is competitive. High end mattresses are exclusive to Mattress Giant only.

Cons

Lack of media advertising. Commission structure is a disgrace not to mention every associate including the store manager makes $7.25/hour as a draw, if you don't see customers all week, you make 40 hours of minimum wage. No holiday pay. No mileage pay for employees traveling far distances. Company does not match 401K.

Advice to Management

The current commission structure is incredibly depressing. You cannot make a living w/o selling big beds at all times, not to mention there is very little advertising or no traffic at all in some stores. Please move store managers around based on their performance. If you haven't noticed, all your top salespeople are quitting on a biweekly basis to work for our major competitor. I am trying to be loyal to Mattress Giant but It is becoming impossible to make a living here. I doubt I will make half of what I made last year. It was a real slap in the face when you took Atlantis from us the last month of the year. Perhaps you can think of another location other than Dallas. And one last thing, please paint the interior of your larger stores, it's embarrassing to have off white / pink / purple walls, it's not good presentation.

"Mattress Giant is going under"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Cherry Hill, NJ

Pros

I made okay money...about $55K a year.

Cons

The management will run you into the ground and lie through their teeth to you.

Advice to Management

Fire everyone above store management level and start over from scratch. Also, try keeping some stock in the warehouse.