Maurices - If you're considering working for them, I hope your experience will be better. In the end, a job is a job. Good luck. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Maurices

"If you're considering working for them, I hope your experience will be better. In the end, a job is a job. Good luck."

Former Employee - Sales Associate
Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Maurices full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only thing I considered good working at Maurice's was the employee discount. Other than that, I can't think of any.

Cons

Hard to meet sales quota.
Live in a small town so customers who come in and actually purchase something, are hard to come by.

Other Employee Reviews for Maurices

1. "I started working at Maurices in High School and loved it. I have been there ever since."

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Maurices full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fun, high energy environment! It's fun to work with the newest fashions. I see new people every day and have regular customers. Maurices sells affordable clothes for 14 and up women. We get a great discount on clothes.

Cons

Long hours, especially during November and December.

2. "A Bad Experience"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Madison, WI
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Madison, WI

I have been working at Maurices as an intern (More than 3 years)

Pros

It was nice getting to see new styles of clothes as they arrived and I learned a lot about fashion trends and visual merchandising.

Cons

The idea of a company that promotes a caring culture seems so promising at first. However, I think that corporate should really specify what, 'caring culture' means. My manager took this to mean treating all of your associates like friends and the store quickly became a popularity contest with cliques and fights and drama reminiscent of a elementary school playground rather than a legitimate place of employment. I realize that there are many people who consider retail a passing phase in the lifetime of their careers, but there are others who are seriously invested and a work environment that supports--and even encourages-- entangled, outside-work relationships that will undoubtedly impact the daily failures and successes of the store is a difficult one to stay in long-term.