KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 2.0
    Former Employee

Horrible hours. Horrible pay.

Jan 16, 2022 - First Assistant Manager in Little Rock, AR
    Business Outlook

Pros

40% off reg priced merchandise and 20% clearance with the occasional bonus percentage. Some of the people are nice.

Cons

The hours are horrible. As a full time employee you usually only get scheduled 35 hours unless the manager is on vacation. That is unless half of your staff calls in sick and you are left covering for them. Then you get a lot of hours but have absolutely no work/home balance. The hours of operation make it impossible to have a life outside of work and you rarely get two days off in a row. Constantly doing “clopens” where you close at 8 or 9 and turn around and open in the morning giving you no time to rest. The majority of stylists are teenagers that just want a paycheck and don’t want to actually work for it. The pay is pathetic. As a 1A I get $15 an hour and at that rate per hour with the hours you get there is no living easily. Unreasonable expectations are required by Corporate and you can actually get fired for not shoving credit cards down peoples throats and the card is awful. Everyone gets a 25% + apr. They don’t care about cause to effect for anything wrong in the store or district because those are viewed as “excuses” and they are only interested in how much money the store is not making. You will consistently be required to do menial tasks that are absolutely useless and have no real purpose and only cause you Tom lose time that could be devoted to something else.

Continue reading
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good

Mar 6, 2022 - Part Time Manager in Evansville, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

They care about their employees

Cons

The hours might be hard to get sometimes

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Absolute disaster at a company that really does mean well

Jun 25, 2022 - Store Leader
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay and PTO package is decent for the position I worked in Duties are more meaningful than in most retail - store leaders are expected to go out in their communities and encouraged to be creative in how to drive traffic to their locations. The corporate office does a great job at offering the opportunities to do this. Corporate office understands that the employees need to have the control to assist their customers, so they give them that control. Very little hoops to jump through, if any, to just make the customers happy. Very few corporate retailers do this, so this is by far the biggest pro of maurices.

Cons

The "world class" training lacks in every way possible. Managers are given 8 hours of training before being thrown to the salesfloor. Stylists are given 4 hours. These are the people who will make first impressions to your customers. The training program needs to A) Have more time added. Minimum should be 2 weeks before being let out on the floor alone and B) Needs to be conducted by people who actually care. I was sent about 4 or 5 different managers to "train" me and none of them actually did so. I was merely a prop to run the register while they "fixed" the store i was supposed to take over, a process they didn't include me in whatsoever, and was then constantly chastised for not getting enough credit cards or hitting sales plan, all the while I wasn't even involved in hiring a competent staff to do those things, nor was i properly trained enough to then train a staff. My experience was absolutely terrible. My district leader was supportive up until the moment my notice to step down was put in. Then, my district leader was unresponsive, uncommunicative, and didn't respect my decisions or my time. I was taken advantage of.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Maurices.

Maurices Photos

+ Add Photo
Maurices photo of: Our Home Office which opened in May of 2016.
Maurices photo of: Our amazing Family Room at our home office where associates can have meetings, eat lunch, or just get away from their desks.
Maurices photo of: All of the conference rooms in our home office have floor to ceiling windows to promote transparency.
Maurices photo of: The views from our front porches -- there's one on every floor -- are stunning!
Maurices photo of: Our 7th floor outdoor space at the Home Office