KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Absolute disaster at a company that really does mean well

Jun 25, 2022 - Store Leader
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay and PTO package is decent for the position I worked in Duties are more meaningful than in most retail - store leaders are expected to go out in their communities and encouraged to be creative in how to drive traffic to their locations. The corporate office does a great job at offering the opportunities to do this. Corporate office understands that the employees need to have the control to assist their customers, so they give them that control. Very little hoops to jump through, if any, to just make the customers happy. Very few corporate retailers do this, so this is by far the biggest pro of maurices.

Cons

The "world class" training lacks in every way possible. Managers are given 8 hours of training before being thrown to the salesfloor. Stylists are given 4 hours. These are the people who will make first impressions to your customers. The training program needs to A) Have more time added. Minimum should be 2 weeks before being let out on the floor alone and B) Needs to be conducted by people who actually care. I was sent about 4 or 5 different managers to "train" me and none of them actually did so. I was merely a prop to run the register while they "fixed" the store i was supposed to take over, a process they didn't include me in whatsoever, and was then constantly chastised for not getting enough credit cards or hitting sales plan, all the while I wasn't even involved in hiring a competent staff to do those things, nor was i properly trained enough to then train a staff. My experience was absolutely terrible. My district leader was supportive up until the moment my notice to step down was put in. Then, my district leader was unresponsive, uncommunicative, and didn't respect my decisions or my time. I was taken advantage of.

Continue reading
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Atmosphere

Jul 8, 2022 - Social Media Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive, encouraging of ideas, creative, fast-paced

Cons

No set schedule. Unexpected hours.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee

People First, committed to Customer First behaviors

Aug 17, 2022 - District Leader
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The culture is fun and rewarding - The executive team is open to feedback and learning

Cons

- As always, there is an opportunity for work/life balance

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Maurices.

Maurices Photos

+ Add Photo
Maurices photo of: Our Home Office which opened in May of 2016.
Maurices photo of: Our amazing Family Room at our home office where associates can have meetings, eat lunch, or just get away from their desks.
Maurices photo of: All of the conference rooms in our home office have floor to ceiling windows to promote transparency.
Maurices photo of: The views from our front porches -- there's one on every floor -- are stunning!
Maurices photo of: Our 7th floor outdoor space at the Home Office