Maven Wave Partners - Entrepreneurial and growing fast | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Maven Wave Partners

"Entrepreneurial and growing fast"

Current Employee - Senior Principal in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Senior Principal in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Maven Wave Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with (no whiners, peacocks, or jerks). Nice blend of management consulting and technology execution. If you have an idea, management will let you run with it. Great work / life balance.

Cons

Growing fast, so individuals who are self reliant and self starters do well, those that need a lot of process and hand-holding may struggle.

Advice to Management

Keep up the pace! Start investing in some internal training to grow the next wave of Managers and Principals.

Other Employee Reviews for Maven Wave Partners

"A Growing Full Service Consulting Firm with Many Levels of Expertise"

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Maven Wave Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Maven Wave Partners provides service for creating a process and implementation of the newest technologies. Our consultants are experts in integrating these technologies with a wide variety of existing legacy software components and infrastructure. This provides lots of opportunities for lateral movement and getting involved with different parts of the company.

Cons

You will have to do some extra work and research to get involved in areas that interest you and build your career. Opportunities will not always be presented to you. So it is important to always try and look at the big picture to see where your talents can be an asset to the company.

Advice to Management

More company sponsored programs or events to further build on the culture.

"I like what I've seen so far..."

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Maven Wave Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

At the time I’m writing this, I’m still relatively new to MWP. I was leaving a large bank where I was working on some variation of the same applications and technology for 8 years. It was a very ‘safe’ position, and I probably could have stayed there for another 10 years doing above average work, but very little opportunity to find new, challenging projects. This is why I took a chance with MWP. My 2nd day on the job I was participating in agile project story pointing with a client, which was really exciting and unique. So far I’m very happy with my decision to join MWP.

Cons

This isn't really a con in my book, but maybe is for some people if they prefer to work in a less ‘flat’ organization. They may prefer the multiple layers of management style. Coming from a large bank, I have to say it was an adjustment for me as well, but I'm definitely happy the way it is. At MWP I feel like I'm in control of my own success.