Max Studio - A fun, stylish environment! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Max Studio

"A fun, stylish environment!"

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Boston, MA

Pros

For the most part, this is a great company. The director of stores is very detail oriented, and I know that she actually knows names/personal details about each person in our store, and she inquires about them on a regular basis during her one-on-ones with the store manager. It's a nice, small store, and you get a lot of face time with your clients, most of whom are extremely open to the assistance that you are providing. Beautiful product that is extremely well-made, and a nice goal-based commission on top of your hourly rate, which I think is very fair and gives employees an incentive to do well. The only problem that I have ever had with this company had to do with my immediate supervisor when I first started, who was eventually fired, and the position was given to the most deserving of candidates, who really did wonderful things for the store. This showed me that the upper management were very aware of what was going on in the store and that they want to make sure that the best and most qualified people are holding the positions that they deserved. I always felt extremely valued by this company, and while there is sometimes a little bit of red tape, I found that it was MUCH MUCH less than any other company for which I have ever worked. Because the company is on the smaller side, I felt like I actually had a relationship with many of the people from the corporate office; when they called to speak with the management of the store, I felt that they actually knew who I was. They also have a weekly recap of the stores' performance, and they recognize associates who have exceptional sales, and they also host contests every now and then. Sadly, my store is being closed, so I am no longer going to be working for this company, but I would love to come back at some point, as this is one of my favorite companies for which I have ever worked. Also, one of our associates started and did not receive a paycheck for a few weeks due to paperwork error on the part of corporate. Once we figured out the problem, they not only overnighted her her paycheck, but they also sent her a $100 gift card to the store as an apology, which I thought was a great gesture!

Cons

As a smaller and relatively unknown store, it was sometimes a challenge to build a customer base. We tried on several occasions to work with senior management to launch things such as ad campaigns within our mall etc, but we were never allowed to due to the expense of the mall ads. Also, a few months into working there, the air conditioner/heating system broke, and the stock room (which was also where the managers' desk/office area was, as well as our lunch area) was extremely cold at all times, and even though we mentioned this multiple times, corporate had someone come and look at it, but nothing was ever done to fix it.

Advice to Management

continue to show that you care about your associates! and bring a store back to boston!

Other Employee Reviews for Max Studio

1. "Inventory Specialist"

Former Employee - Stock Associate
    Former Employee - Stock Associate

I worked at Max Studio part-time (More than a year)

Pros

They worked with my school schedule.
    Friendly environment.
    More than often, the store manager would buy us food.
    The regional manager is friendly as well.

Cons

Working in a store full of women is often too much drama.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

2. "Creative Department"

I worked at Max Studio full-time

Pros

-Immediate team was very easy to work with and open to new ideas
    -Great internal team collaboration

Cons

-Barely any holidays given
    -Communication is awful, organization structure of the company is very scattered
    -Upper management is constantly trying to bring down anyone who has ideas that are different from their own, very hostile environment
    -Toxic personal relationships interfere with the workflow of the rest of the teams
    -Job titles don't mean anything, you are thrown all sorts of projects with not enough salary

Advice to Management

Stop bringing personal issues into the workplace! Improve company culture so company moral improves and be open to new ideas! Such an ancient mindset is present here with the upper management.