Maxim Crane Works - They make you feel like you are nothing to them. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Maxim Crane Works

"They make you feel like you are nothing to them."

Current Employee - Crane Perator in Dayton, OH
Current Employee - Crane Perator in Dayton, OH

Pros

They have to pay Union wages and benefits.

Cons

They will starve you out of work if you try to defend the Union contract. They treat workers like they are stupid underlings. They do many behind close doors meetings and never keep us in tune to what is going on in the company. No way can you advance up into the company. Management only hires family and outside people into management positions.

Advice to Management

Treat your people with respect. Acknowledge operators for what they do. Promote from within the companys workers.

Other Employee Reviews for Maxim Crane Works

1. "Good Pay"

I worked at Maxim Crane Works full-time

Pros

Great pay and benefits, the others workers are friendly and helpful. The rigging Sup at the Houston yard is cool, firm but fair kinda guy.

Cons

It can be frustrating dealing with newer forename at times. Although they do mean well, leadership roles can be stressful.

Advice to Management

Excercise more tactic when correcting newer hands. I understand normal day to day hazing like messing with someone on a friendly level. Especially in the industry I thick skin is vital. At times it can be over done.

2. "I worked at maxim for 11 years. It is the best job I have ever had."

Pros

Exciting place to work with intelligent people. Always trying to improve the business. Everyday was a challenge and I felt a part of the solution.

Cons

None. I don't have anything bad to say. It was a high pressure work environment at times but I liked that

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job