Maxim Healthcare Services - Mad Men mentality | Glassdoor
  1. "Mad Men mentality"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Tustin, CA

I worked at Maxim Healthcare Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

PTO is good, direct management is really trying to help, have freedom to get caregivers, not micro managing

Cons

The top of the company is very old white based. Not alot of room for women and give unrealistic expectations just to increase their own pockets. Will never give you any help and the management staff you are under does not get direction from them either. They ask us to just increase in our numbers but not giving any reason or incentive to why. Commission structure is off. Pay scale is low compared to the market.... Management's pay is low compared to market. The rich want to get richer here and that's all that will matter. Don't care how people get their numbers and that's why they have had problems with people in the past.

Advice to Management

My direct management was great! The above management actually give incentives for making people stay 10 hours or more. Give incentives for increasing numbers to unrealistic goals. Actually show that you care and not tell the bottom of your company to push push push while you're chilling in Hawaii.

Maxim Healthcare Services2019-09-08

September 9, 2019Digital Marketing Specialist

Thank you for the review. We are sorry that you felt unappreciated. Many of our team members, from all races, genders and a variety of other backgrounds have been promoted recently. It's unfortunate your tenure at Maxim didn't live up to your expectations. Good luck in your future endeavors. Regards - Steven

1. "Amazing company"

Former Employee - Direct Support Professional

I worked at Maxim Healthcare Services full-time

Pros

Such a great company to work for!!

Cons

Commuting with the client with not so much to do during the day.

Maxim Healthcare Services2019-10-10

October 11, 2019Digital Marketing Specialist

Thank you for the great review. We hope to see you as a Maxim employee again in the near future. Regards - Steven

2. "Good opportunities"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Alhambra, CA

I have been working at Maxim Healthcare Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Can start fresh out of college with little experience. 47.5k is starting salary, after a year and half, pay goes up a lot depending on office. I'm between $1140-$1350 each week. Office manager makes a big difference, mine has gone the extra mile to train and wants to see us be promoted.

Cons

Low 401k match. Should have more incentives for the whole office to participate not just managers go on trips. More bonus opportunity for office if we beat our goals.

Advice to Management

Switch up commission to reward top performers. Maybe do half pool, half earned individually. Some in my office slack off and it's unfair we get paid the same.

Maxim Healthcare Services2019-10-15

October 15, 2019Digital Marketing Specialist

Thank you for the review. Often, we do issue bonuses to many of our employees quarterly, and not to exclusively leadership. We are always looking to improve the employee experience, so I will pass your comments along to our leadership to review. Regards - Steven

Discover more reviews about Maxim Healthcare Services.