Maxim Integrated - Talent and Hard Work are Rewarded | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Maxim Integrated

"Talent and Hard Work are Rewarded"

Current Employee - Business Manager in Sunnyvale, CA
Current Employee - Business Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

Work hard in a challenging environment and get rewarded for it. Maxim expects excellence at all times. Surrounded by very talented and focused individuals. As a large successful company we enjoy many technical and business advantages over small companies. We have immediate name recognition with every electronics maker in the world (ie every door is open or cracked). Access to advanced technologies and processes with good costs is a nice plus. The opportunity is there if you want to make it happen.

Cons

Big company can make simple tasks difficult. There are many teams in many different locations and that can be frustrating at times.

Other Employee Reviews for Maxim Integrated

1. "good company for old style traditional engineers"

Current Employee - Senior Member of Technical Staff in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Member of Technical Staff in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

- stable and profitable whatever whenever
    - not too much pressure
    - there are much to learn if you are willing to learn
    - good life work balance if you work smartly

Cons

- there are no cons actually if you are a stable and tradional old style family-oriented engineer.
    - if you want great risk and reward, go to a startup, Maxim-ic is a stable and slowly progressive company which is not bad for the whole global economy.

Advice to Management

- keep doing what you are doing, Maxim-ic is growing slowly but it's OK.
    - more reward to those hard-working engineers if possible.
    - get rid of those lazy guys (worst performers and never improving).

"Fun, Challenging, But Not Going Anywhere"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

Immediate management is GREAT! I am totally empowered to make suggestions, improvements, even fail as long as something is learned.
    Work hours are flexible, I can even work from home.
    Great benefits!
    I feel like this is a good company, financially strong.

Cons

Almost impossible to get promoted from hourly to salaried. In fact I've been told I will not ever be salaried even with my BA degree that applies directly to my job. If you are not male and an engineer in my group you are not valuable enough to be salaried, even though I would not make much more except for the bonuses. If it were not for my direct manager and his management style of empowerment I would be searching for a better opportunity where I could have the possibility of advancement.
    Also, if you are not salaried in this company you are considered a second class citizen even if you are doing salaried-type work for an hourly wage. There are many of us.

Advice to Management

Management has recognized that this is a new century and there are better ways to manage people. Lots of great changes. Try to get the message that good ideas CAN come from "hourly" people.
    Take a look at the job people are doing and if they are doing salaried-type work they should be paid with salaried-type bonuses.
    This is an exciting company to work for, lots of new ideas and products, great financials, share it.