Maxim Integrated - Too much focus on short term profits | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Maxim Integrated

"Too much focus on short term profits"

Former Employee - Principal Member of Technical Staff in Irvine, CA
Former Employee - Principal Member of Technical Staff in Irvine, CA

I worked at Maxim Integrated full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good salary, benefits and equipment. Overall, they build a good product. They know every business units' profit and loss. They are a public company.

Cons

Upper management is very ignorant of what individual business units are really doing. They are very focused on short term profits. They measure everything.

Advice to Management

Focus more on long term goals and profits. Do not downsize workforce at the beginning of each and every single 2nd quarter.

Other Employee Reviews for Maxim Integrated

"executive management"

Former Employee - Executive Management in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Executive Management in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Maxim Integrated full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

good technology, solid legacy products, solid industry reputation.

Cons

Opportunity for personal growth limited, has become political internally. Upper management disconnected from lower levels. To many slogans. Decisions made in a vacuum without consulting the management most affected. The top level management level has had a chaotic last year with many of them leaving and many new hires made outside the company. They are searching to establish a long lasting culture and seem to want to distance themselves greatly from the past roots. The recent change in logo is an example and it looks like an eye chart. The company is still full of good people however in its past it had one of the best concentrations of talent in the valley.

Advice to Management

Look beyond your personal ambitions and build sustainable value.

"Great Opportunity for me"

Current Intern - Applications Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Current Intern - Applications Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Maxim Integrated as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I had a fantastic mentor and worked on a great team. I felt very comfortable asking questions and critically discussing problems. My technical and soft skills flourished here.

I was impressed with the CEO. He has a critical eye and has a good sense on running a company. He has effective conservative values, but I think he needs to get a little more risky and creative. He and his team are smart enough to do so.

Cons

The environment was less creative and motivating then it could have been. I would like see the group offices filled with paintings, plants, artwork, etc. Grey cubicles are boring.

Advice to Management

Healthy body, healthy mind! Open up the gym!
    #1 improvement that needs to happen for Maxim: get going on the Maxim University program. Give employees incentive and motivation to grow while attracting top talent. I see too many older folks playing solitaire. Solitaire is boring.