Maxim Integrated - Maxim would be a great company to work for if we didn't constantly have to worry about our jobs. Moral is horrible | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Maxim Integrated

"Maxim would be a great company to work for if we didn't constantly have to worry about our jobs. Moral is horrible"

Current Employee - Senior Test Development Engineer in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Senior Test Development Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Maxim Integrated full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Decent pay, bonus and RSU compensation. Flexible work schedule and new buildings in three U.S. locations.

Cons

Lots of turnover due to offshoring and micromanagement. Too many chiefs and not as many indians with the recent RIFs. Moral is very low and has been that way for at least 5 years now. RIFs every quarter are the norm these days.

Advice to Management

You need to take care of your core assets, the people that helped turn Maxim into a 2 billion dollar company. The overall moral throughout the company is horrible and may do not believe in the current CEO, just check his approval rating on this site.

Other Employee Reviews for Maxim Integrated

1. "Great"

Current Employee - Engineer in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Engineer in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Maxim Integrated full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great technical know-how in the company

Cons

Very slow rate of growth

"Depends on which Vice President your under."

Former Employee - Senior Applications Engineer
    Former Employee - Senior Applications Engineer

I worked at Maxim Integrated full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very good pay for salaried individuals. Fair pay raises in this day and age, excellent bonus pool when the company does well. Maxim is a foward looking company, planning years ahead to stay profitable. Senior management seems to have alignment and vision. Competive benefits balanced with other "semiconductor" companies but not businesses across the board.

Cons

Not family friendly. 24 hours a year for sickness, family illness or children issues. After that your written up for attendance issues (hourly employees). With compressed shifts being 12 hours long, that equals 2 days a year before attendance is at issue. Salaried employees fair much better and do not risk being laid off because they have poor health or a sickly family member. Depending which Vice President your under, you will ALWAYS feel 1 day away from being laid off. Leadership by fear and intimidation vs. A VP who leads by example.

Advice to Management

Stop it. Stop using benefit data from 1980's and understand people have illnesses, live with disease and disorders. People raise children and have families. Stop with an absense policy that encourages sick people to come to work. Look at all industries and see how they treat employees. Enough already with the fear mongering. Each day I went to work, I felt like it would be my last day, until it finally was, not for performance but for being an American trying to work at a company where the ethnicity of your VP determines your future.