Maxsys Solutions - Maxsys Solution could be right for you, could not | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Maxsys Solutions

"Maxsys Solution could be right for you, could not"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Frisco, TX
Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Frisco, TX

I worked at Maxsys Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is an open atmosphere for communication and is at time a fun place to work. With a work hard play hard atmosphere. The tier based commission structure is pretty progressive. A determined hard working recruiter could make awesome money here. Their database of IT Professional contacts is quite extensive, and it is very possible to make a placement simply by diving into this internal database. Management also has not problems what so ever investing more money into tools that can bring more success to recruiters, and they're open to recruiters asking for more tools.

There is a good amount of Team Building when things are going well. When goals are being reached management will spring for trips to fun activities and happy hours. There is also multiple opportunities to win trips, and the Christmas parties are fun.

Cons

It definitely is a "Good O'l Boy" atmosphere. If you're and ethnic minority or gay person, forget about it. They wouldn't hire you, and you wouldn't want to work there.

Management can be conveniently forgetful. Getting them to pay referral fees at times is like pulling teeth, and sometimes they flat out refuse to. Saying they've extended the time a placed candidate has to work, until they pay the person that referred the candidate, hoping that eventually everyone involved in the process forgets. Even though is says clearly on their website the conditions.

Often time getting feedback from a certain group of clients is very difficult. Sometime the response back from the Account Manager would be very vague "Not technical enough" is sometimes all you would receive. Leaving you lost when trying to find more candidates to submit to that req. There would still be high pressure on you to deliver candidate to this position, hoping that you could figure out on your own what the client was looking for.

Advice to Management

Just be a little more consistent and delivering on the things you say you will.

Other Employee Reviews for Maxsys Solutions

"High stress, but you can make $$$"

Current Employee - Sales in Frisco, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Frisco, TX

I have been working at Maxsys Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Competitive compensation structure. It is tier based, the higher your run rate is the higher your commission rate is. A great recruiter can make $150-$200k/year.The benefits are ok for a single person because they're paid, but it's pricey if you have a family.
    -Lots of jobs to work
    -they typically hire really good people so you shouldn't have any problems making friends

Cons

-Work/life balance. I've seen a couple of current or ex employees put 5 stars on work/life balance. Wait, what? You have to be at work by 8-830 and don't try to leave before 530. Taking sick days is frowned upon, but what can you do? Most everyone I worked with would get off by 6-630, go home and do their family thing, then put in another 2 hours of work at night. If you're going to work here, be ready to do that.
    -KPI's are focused on how many calls you make and people you bring in office. 50 calls a day(the call sheet is pulled just about everyday and you know how many calls each person made), 10 interviews(having the office in Frisco isn't always close to where people live so good luck with getting 10 every week).
    -The business is owned by 3 principals and they're in the office every day. They know who you're calling, emailing, etc. If you can't handle someone looking over your shoulder, this isn't the place for you.

Advice to Management

Relax on KPI's. Experienced recruiters know where to find people and are connected. Calling people just to get a certain number of calls isn't providing quality to the candidates.

"Leeches"

Former Employee - IT Support in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - IT Support in Dallas, TX

I worked at Maxsys Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They managed to have at least one client. I turned that contact into a real job. Go me! Also, they can't make you show up for work. For example, in 2 months I took off 2 days for sick, 1 day for vacation, then 2 days for vacation. It hurts my pocket book but they can't say a thing.

Cons

They are getting at least double what you are getting. Negotiating for more money is a hard thing to do, especially because they have the job contact, and if you demand more money, they just put other people in to interview. All-in-all that is a business model that is similar to a leech. The people there are not knowledgeable about anything that doesn't involve mooching off your skills. They don't offer relevant advice, they can't communicate your skills to the hiring manager, they can't communicate what the hiring manager is actually looking for. It's funny to a degree, then after you solidify an interview, get the job, learn what is actually going on, you can't get more money, they have you in a contract. They don't negotiate after that. And finally you learn they are making $65 - 80 a hour minus what you get. We, as IT people, need more power and education in the hiring process. We are letting these staffing agencies walk all over us.

Advice to Management

They only time my agent called me was a) to give me a contact number, b) to ask if I was being converted, c) finally to say he thinks I am being converted. I knew I was being converted. It's not my job to bring him into the loop. I did all the work.