Maxwell Systems - Challenging / Fast Paced | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Maxwell Systems

"Challenging / Fast Paced"

Current Employee - Senior Business Consultant in Santa Cruz, CA
Current Employee - Senior Business Consultant in Santa Cruz, CA

I have been working at Maxwell Systems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Quick to act and open door policy throughout the organization. Good place to have an impact.

Cons

All Managment seems to be shifting to KOP HQ location. Pay is on the low end of scale for jobs.

Advice to Management

Take care of the people that take care of you.

Other Employee Reviews for Maxwell Systems

"Maxwell is a place of many opportunities for motivated employees"

Current Employee - Finance Specialist - Order Fulfillment in King of Prussia, PA

Pros

Maxwell knows that to stay on the top in this economy, you have to invest in two ways - People and Technology. Keeping their employees happy will impact their customers. It is a fun atmosphere at work while also a continuously changing environment. They listen to and encourage new ideas - our CEO and CFO have open doors to listen to anyone anytime. We try to move from making customers satisfied to Wowing and delighting them. We offer the most advanced technology in the construction business by combining the worlds of estimating and accounting. Our customers can use one software product, end to end within their business, from take-off to cash, in addition to accessing the latest in project management tools. I'm proud to be one of the Maxwell Family.

Cons

This environment moves continuously - this is not a place for any person that doesn’t like change. This is not a company where you have a routine job that will bore you after a while. I've been in my role for more than 5 years now and I'm still learning new stuff: new ways to do my job faster and with less effort. If you are hungry to learn, like efficiency, love to have new adventure every day at work - this is a great place to be.

Advice to Management

1- Create more competitive challenges across departments with prizes, to foster closer relationships and bring out the best of your employees.
    2- Have monthly brain-storming meeting across departments to listen to problems and jointly solve it. This will promote team problem solving and lessen blame-placing and finger-pointing. Invest more time in fixing problems and ensuring they won’t happen again, not just on inspecting the problem.
    3- Keep investing in your employees education, training, and knowledge; they are the key to your success.
    4 - Grow additional formal Quality Assurance post-sale – within Support, Services, and any other department that directly impacts our customers. Be Proactive and not just reactive. Keep listening to our customers.

2. "Innovative, driven environment - exciting place to work!"

Current Employee - Manager in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Manager in King of Prussia, PA

Pros

Maxwell is a wonderful place to work if you are looking for a "career' as opposed to a "job". There are countless opportunities to raise your ideas and affect positive change, not only in your specific area but throughout the organization. Management is focused on investing generously in their employees, customers and product!

Cons

As in any thriving environment where progress is constant, there is often a need for rapid change and reassessment of processes, needs, and goals. This fast-paced atmosphere is not for everyone! If you are looking for a 9-5 job where you're expected do the same thing every day and keep your mouth shut...Maxwell is not for you.

Advice to Management

Better leverage social media to reach more customers, employees, prospects! Ensure continued improvement of response time/issue resolution/follow-through for our customers.