Maxxam Analytics - My best career move so far was accepting a position at Maxxam Analytics | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Maxxam Analytics

"My best career move so far was accepting a position at Maxxam Analytics"

Current Employee - Analyst I in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
Current Employee - Analyst I in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Maxxam Analytics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-opportunities for advancement
-opportunities to learn new things every day
-being part of a growing company that is continuously expanding
-great benefits package
-very busy work environment, which I like because it keeps me motivated to do my best
-welcoming positive culture and work environment
-opportunity to build lots of friendships with co-workers

Cons

-sometimes it can get stressful with the amount of workload, but you just have to break it down into small milestones for yourself to keep motivated
-not a lot of people realize and appreciate how much of a great place Maxxam is to work at!

Advice to Management

Upper management is doing a great job in keeping the organization moving forward in a positive direction.

Other Employee Reviews for Maxxam Analytics

1. "Opportunity, Support, Benefits and more at Maxxam."

Current Employee - Account Manager in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Maxxam Analytics full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Diverse lines of business = longevity in the market place.
    Multidiciplines allow for numerous opportunities for employees to gain experience in a number of areas of analytical testing.
    Very supportive of continuing training and employee development
    Big supporter of new residents with overseas credentials
    Diverse benefit's packages - range of benefits/options and award programs are continuously improved and expanded.
    Opportunities for contract summer work for new grads and co-op's to gain valuable experience. Many are hired permanently.
    Compensation is fair and appropriate to experience and marketplace comparison.
    Large and focused safety program. Saftey of staff, employee families, customers and visitors is strongly supported from the top down.
    Empraces multiculturism.

Cons

There are no cons that are specific to Maxxam, that would be different to any other empolyer that provides laboratory services. Demands of customers can be high and as a service provider - in order to remain successful, those customer requirements need to be met.
    Some days will require additional hours/extra effort to accomplish this - however those that continuously step up, have been rewarded in some fashion and typically advance in their career quicker than those that do not.

Advice to Management

It is surprising to see negative comments by some former employee's. My personal experience has been one where I have been supported from an entry level position, through a number of promotions and positions.

"It's ok"

Pros

Management is available and overall friendly and accommodating.

Cons

Poor pay for the amount of effort put in.

Advice to Management

Quality workers need to be supported. The same flat raises will not keep quality workers motivated.