May Institute - Talent Acquisition Specialist | Glassdoor

"Talent Acquisition Specialist"

I have been working at May Institute full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work atmosphere here is unlike any other. Everyone is friendly, eager to advance their careers, and most importantly in it to better the lives of others. I have only been with the company a short while, but everyone I have met and interacted with are professional and willing to train/help others achieve their goals.

Cons

This job can be very challenging on many levels, so if you are looking for a challenge and to make an impact on the lives of others this is your place. I would not advise this company for those who are looking to get rich or work for a company that does not enforce it's policies to ensure fairness to all.

Other Employee Reviews for May Institute

1. "Great mission, many good co-workers; middle and upper management take advantage of staff."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Randolph, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Randolph, MA

I worked at May Institute full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Rewarding work; love the consumers. Some talented and dedicated co-workers. Company does good work.

Cons

No salary increases in years (I NEVER had a performance review.); promised career advancement never materialized; expensive insurance, especially for newer employees; Retribution is a way of life. New management is losing the confidence of rank-and-file staff. Some managers make people miserable until they just leave. "Anonymous" employee satisfaction surveys are not - they are really color coded & can be traced. My supervisor was given a copy of mine & she was not happy.

Advice to Management

Take employees seriously. Pay attention to comments in employee satisfaction surveys - they are important. Start giving annual performance reviews. Make sure that "anonymous" surveys are truly anonymous. Be honest with the staff. Spend company funds more wisely. Stop supervisors from mistreating staff.

2. "Great coworkers"

Current Employee - Assistant Teacher in Randolph, MA
    Current Employee - Assistant Teacher in Randolph, MA

I have been working at May Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers and the children are amazing! Amazing team building opportunities.

Cons

No raises. You have to fight to put in for time off.