Mayo Clinic - Mayo Clinic Review | Glassdoor

"Mayo Clinic Review"

Current Employee - Sonographer in Rochert, MN
Current Employee - Sonographer in Rochert, MN

Pros

The best reasons to work at Mayo Clinic are the competency and dedication of our staff. From the highest level administrator to the lowest paid employee, we are all are focused on two things: doing the best thing for our patients and obtaining the most up to date training for for jobs. We really pride ourselves on being one of the best medical facilities in the country. Another reason you would want to work here is the friendliness of our staff. Even though Mayo employees about 26000 people, it has a "small town" atmosphere of helpfulness.

Cons

The only con I can think of is it's large size. Sometimes when patients or newly-hired employees arrive, they can feel a bit overwhelmed by the size of our medical campus. Hospitalized patients are not used to having such a large team of staff assigned to their care. If it's your first visit or you were just hired, tell us, and we'll be even more helpful. New employees are usually assigned a buddy who will mentor them through learning how such a big organization operates.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. One of the most important aspects of managing such a large organization is using great communication tools to reach all of us. It's just one of the things you do very well.

Other Employee Reviews for Mayo Clinic

1. "A solid place to work, great benefits."

Pros

Great benefits package, reasonable compensation. Hard-working peers and associates. Not much else to do in Rochester, so that should be considered.

Cons

Rochester is a nice town but it is rather boring. The Clinic has also recently initiated a hiring freeze, which may make getting a job more difficult.

Advice to Management

Must increase the efficiency of certain units. There is a lot of overhead and some of the positions need to be reworked.

2. "Mayo is a great, large organization to work for nestled in a small town community."

Current Employee - Counselor Supervisor
    Current Employee - Counselor Supervisor

Pros

Large, complex administration with potential for upward mobility. Large investment in retaining their employees. Surrounded by well educated, well trained, and professional staff. High standards and numerous internal training/education opportunities.

Cons

It's a very large, complex organization where the individual becomes diluted by the numbers. Health insurance, while at a premiere health care organization, is limited to only Mayo Clinic resources.

Advice to Management

At this point, I cannot see how they could/would change anything. They're doing the best possible given the limitations.