Mayo Clinic - care culture great, allied health staff culture corrosive | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Mayo Clinic

"care culture great, allied health staff culture corrosive"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

I worked at Mayo Clinic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice place to be at if you get sick or have a major medical issue at work.

Cons

No advancement. No growth unless personal growth. Low salaries. Crony kingdoms and emperor builders abound. Don't show initiative or ambition you'll be the first one shot.

Advice to Management

Make managers do continued education to keep position. Have HR deeply involved in hiring process to make it fair (including IT positions).

Other Employee Reviews for Mayo Clinic

"I have never been so taken care of in my life. They really care for the wellbeing of every one of their employees"

Current Employee - Clinical Lab Scientist in Rochester, MN
    Current Employee - Clinical Lab Scientist in Rochester, MN

I have been working at Mayo Clinic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Supervisors try to do what they can to help you with scheduling, pursuing interests in and out of the office, and there is a great sense of community and teamwork as everyone is trying their best to do good quality work. The pay is great too.

Cons

Some people have only worked for Mayo Clinic and don't know how good they have it and will complain about changes or little things that can be frustrating about every job. If you've worked anywhere else though you'll learn to just ignore the whining and continue to love how good you've got it. I think the worst thing about the entire company is trying to find parking.

Advice to Management

Keep doing exactly what you're doing: checking in to see how we are as tech's, sharing your funny stories from weekend trips or time with family, being understanding when things don't work out the way we planned, and all the other great things we appreciate about you.

2. "overall experience is positive"

Pros

Benefits, well know company to work for

Cons

parking, its all abou who you know