Mayo Clinic - World class health organization | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Mayo Clinic

"World class health organization"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Rochester, MN
Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Rochester, MN

I have been working at Mayo Clinic full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Mayo Clinic has unlimited resources and high standards within a professional and compassionate work environment. Possibilities are endless when looking for opportunities to change departments.

Cons

Paid time off has become limited recently and staffing ratios are changing constantly. The leadership is strong and can sometimes be overwhelming. The atmosphere can be challenging at times, but mostly in a good way.

Advice to Management

Paid time off needs to be addressed. Long term employees are having a hard time using the benefit due to limitations.

Other Employee Reviews for Mayo Clinic

1. "Unpalatable --uncompetitive work place"

Current Employee - Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Rochester, MN
    Current Employee - Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Rochester, MN

I have been working at Mayo Clinic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Don't see any pros. I'm in research and research is not very good here.

Cons

I have just joined Mayo as a postdoc research fellow. It's all negative from my perspective (I needed a job so I took this).
    It takes several weeks after you have accepted the offer before you can join because HR takes a long time with their internal process.
    You will be required to take tests (TB etc...) and vaccinations. You have to fill out a form listing your entire vaccination history --who has that kind of information? Note this is for research staff--I'm a mathematician--I don't deal with patients.
    There is a dress code--I can understand this for patient-facing physicians but for a mathematician doing research!!! This is 2014 and they expect their researchers to come to work in a suit!!
    Food at the food court (yes like in a mall) is appallingly bad. I understand that this is the middle-of-nowhere- midwest but still Mayo could have made an effort.
    Then of course the fact that there is nothing NOTHING attractive about Rochester. Even getting a decent cup of coffee will be a major challenge.
    The weather--less said the better.
    It seems mayo has done their best in making this an extremely unpalatable experience. Congratulations.

"Good benefits long hours"

Pros

benefits are good; salary is good.

Cons

Too much uncompensated overtime with no appreciation

Advice to Management

Better communication needed.