Mbm - Horrible | Glassdoor

"Horrible"

Former Employee - Warehouse Selector in Lewisville, TX
Former Employee - Warehouse Selector in Lewisville, TX

I worked at Mbm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Reviews every 6 months and there seems to be a chance at future promotion if so desired. However the shifts vary so greatly that its hardly worth it.

Cons

Unsafe work conditions when loaders and selectors are there at same time. Selectors often come to empty. Selectors routinely have to step under suspended wooden pallets that hold a ton at minimum. Very unsafe.

Advice to Management

High volume order selectors should never come to an empty stall. They also should not have to step under one or more suspended pallets to get to product(unsafe). These are warehousing basics.

Other Employee Reviews for Mbm

"great pay, unpredictable shifts/hours, MANAGEMENT -ZERO respect for partners,no communication,infighting in ranks"

Former Employee - Inventory Control Clerk in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Inventory Control Clerk in Fort Worth, TX

Pros

Pay is above industry average. Good place to earn a healthy paycheck....but you'll EARN it.
    If new to warehouse work, etc...then I could see this being a foothold to learning the ropes while temping...and making good pay at same time.

Cons

Opertation dysfunctional. Equipment, job-structure, just about everything is worse Ive seen in 23 years in industry. Turnover is bad. Mngmnt. is HORRIBLY detached from staff, disrespectful, overbearing, and seemingly oblivious and unappreciative to the tremendously hard work and contributions being made by staff. There is no 'structure' and zero communication, particularly anything 'positive'. Worse, there is much infighting amongst Managers w/staff often being collateral damage. Please note too- ALL jobs are temp to perm although job ads will not be posted as such.

Advice to Management

Owners should take a page from Corp. America and send it's Managers through various training regimens. Have never seen men less equiped to manage responsibly in my 2 plus decades in the industry (have been in Mngmt. myself numerous times). My 'personal' experience was horribly disappointing and I made allowances for ALOT. Turnover and efficiency is terrible....there is a REASON for this....take note. I was on my last job 13 years despite challenges and I could not maintain a fix with MBM for more than 2 months. Just not worth it, no matter how much money they throw at you. This may be 'isolated' to my market/facility and others across U.S 'may' be better managed?

"Not that great"

Former Employee - Warehouse Selector in Aurora, CO
    Former Employee - Warehouse Selector in Aurora, CO

Pros

Provides decent compensation
    Great place to initially learn warehouse skills
    Continuing to grow and develop
    Does provide the perks of a smaller warehouse such as will buy hired on employees footwear etc

Cons

Horrible hours compared to other warehouses
    lack of equipment
    provided very little fairness in job advancement
    overall lack of organization

Advice to Management

NEEDS MORE CLEAR CUT DIRECTION
    COMMUNICATION IS HORRENDOUS
    OVERALL LACK OF ON JOB KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING OF JOBS TASKS
    LEADERSHIP TEAM IS SPLIT (NO COMMON GOAL OR PLAN)